Today, Jan 22, our fate decided: firemedics.

mrsmall

We have our own billing, logistics, mechanic shop, operations, etc. We're self sufficient.

I believe your billing department may be largely responsible for the "powers that be" wanting out. A 57% collection rate is terrible, unless you are talking about collecting 57% of your total operating costs which is then supported by a subsidy of some type.

57% of billed is completely unacceptable. If they would reconsider I could provide information on a solution for improving your collection rates, hell I would even drive to Florida if it would save your job!

Cap you cannot bring Guido, Al, Bubba and Dan to florida with you to get the collection rate higher.

If you hired Tony and Christopher for collection maybe they could help but you would have to dissavow any knowledge of them though.

your collection efforts would have to be legal you know.

I believe your billing department may be largely responsible for the "powers that be" wanting out. A 57% collection rate is terrible, unless you are talking about collecting 57% of your total operating costs which is then supported by a subsidy of some type.

57% of billed is completely unacceptable. If they would reconsider I could provide information on a solution for improving your collection rates, hell I would even drive to Florida if it would save your job!

Hmm.. I've been told that 55-65% is what is expected good for an ambulance service...

Part of our orientation, we had to spend 5 hours in billing and see how it works. They seemed to be pretty good at what they do. He explained to us some of the problems they face in billing, such as insurance companies writing checks to individuals for their ambulance ride, rather than giving it directly to us. You know what happens to the check once the individual gets it ;)

Either way, out of the 5 commissioners, 4 of them came in already knowing they wanted a hybrid, it doesn't matter how we presented our selfs, they made up their mind without us.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.