Help my right nut is swollen and hurts

spenac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EKG normal sinus

No sores, bumps, or breaks visible.

He says he has bad circulation in his hands so can not tell if one is warmer or not.

Anything else before we get to hospital? Anybody want to palpate it?

Being as I'm a female medic, and I really *hate* the "Something is WRONG/painful with my junk!" calls, and because it ain't a life threat, NO, I'm not groping this fellow!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Being as I'm a female medic, and I really *hate* the "Something is WRONG/painful with my junk!" calls, and because it ain't a life threat, NO, I'm not groping this fellow!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Ah but Wendy EMS is a hands on field. :D

Not in this case! If it aint' bleeding, threatening his life or in dire threat of being lost forever if I don't lay my hands upon it, it doesn't get touched! Position of comfort, transport, let the doc do the groping. :D

Wendy

CO EMT-B

considering he is healthy nd complaining of pain theres no way hes gonna let you touch anyway so why piss him off more?i dont palpate a guarded area or try not to becuz even touchin the other side should reproduce the pain in the right side therefore he will be b itchy enough i agree o2 as needed ,position of comfort proceed to er

See! Erdoc will do it! Plus he probably knows a lot more about what things are *supposed* to be like down there and how to tell if it's a hernia or an infection or something else entirely. That whole advantage of actually having the equipment in question can't hurt either.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

OK, now I feel violated. I'm not sure I am comfortable with someone talking about my equipment. :wink: There must be something in the TOS about sexual harassment. Eyedawn, you'll be hearing from my lawyer and the ACLU.