Help my right nut is swollen and hurts

spenac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dispatched to 35 year old male that says "Help my right nut is swollen and hurts". What to you want to know, do, etc?

Why he hasn't gone to his Urologist! :lol:

Any recent trauma, lifting, turning or twisting? Has he recently pissed mama off and got kicked in the whowho's?

Inquire about sexual history. Has his member been somewhere it shouldn't have been? Burning, itching, discharge, ask all of the fun std questions.

Examine the nut. Is it blue (literally)? If so, you have blood in it. Any recent tearing sensation in his back or chest? Any family (or personal) history of an Aortic Aneurysm? If its not trauma related (i.e. torsion or inguinal hernia) or sexually related, i'd be thinking about an aneurysm or Fournier's gangrene.

O2 based on pt. condition

Vitals

Blood draw and NS lock

Monitor with 12 lead acquisition

consider pain control as allowed

Off to the ER

Patient states has not had any injuries or surgery. Has been getting bigger for about a month. It was initially just a little tender but now it it hurts. He says hard to find a position of comfort. First noticed it one evening after a hard days work.

"You want to see it?" Finally he agrees and you see left nut about golf ball size, right nut about large lemon size. ( sorry not good at describing )

Lymphoedema ? just a wild hair guess.. cause if it was torsion after a month it would be black. Guy didn't visit any foreign countries did he? not a case of elephantitis?

PS - how come he didn't just drive to his doctor's office?

Patients job requires heavy lifting sometimes.

Denys any sexual partners besides his wife during 10 years of marriage.

No discharge, burning, itching, etc.

Denys getting hit/kicked in the balls.

Basically same color as other one.

No cardiac hx self or family.

140/80, 88R, resp 16R, 98%ra.

I was to embarrassed to whip out my privates and just figured it would get better so I did not go to Doc. And I decided since everyone else gets to ride in ambulance I might as well to.

I am thinking a slow growing hernia... since the fellow's job requires heavy lifting, he noticed it after work, and it's been progressively getting worse with no discoloration etc.

Here's a random question... ask him if one is warmer than the other? Might help with the infection rule-out.

Wendy

CO EMT-B