tough books

No more paperwork on paper. We are switching to tough books and will no longer have to worry about our current form of PCRs. We are currently using touch screen computers that have an air card and are junk. They freeze up, shut down, and half the time the air card does not eve work. Hopefully these tough books will be much better and make one area of the job less stressful

We have 4 years of the CF18's and have had pretty good service (Using the Zoll software)

Had to add Bluetooth cards and remove the side compartment covers (in order not to break the case with the cards)

Other than that--the battery life is about 4 hours---just remember to get a docking station and put it in an easily reachable place. We have shore power when parked...and the docks have an auto switch to run either on 12v (when ign is on) or to charge on shore power.

PM me if you want any further details....

One of my part time services has had tough books for a few years now with the Zoll software...no major problems. In fact I prefer doing paperwork on them because it only takes about half the time with the touch screen. We have mounts in every unit with a direct wired power source. Access to internet at all the local hospitals and all of our stations to sync up the dispatch times and info. Most of the time we have the charts done in the 5-10 minute drive back to qaurters.

If you are having alot of problems it must be your software package.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.