A SWAT Team instead of an RMA

Michael

Where do you get that statement of fact from?

I'm not accusing or saying this towards you but there might be some on this forum who would say the same for you, that you have somethings to learn on this forum.

They could also say that I may have some things to learn but when you come right out and say that you want to be mature and civil yet you fire a shot across the bow of Inf's boat then I do say that you did egg them on.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore them even - that's the best plan

I find this the best way. There are certain posters that I learned shortly after joining that if they disagree just want to fight and so I have made a point of completely ignoring their posts, I do not even read them as I review a topic. I also go as far as not even opening some topics to see what others have added so I do not allow myself to get back involved in a fight. It is tough though as some even take the fights to the PM's. It is sad at times a place for professional help and a place to blow off steam makes more stress than the job itself.

just remember what you were taught in class, if it comes down to it document, document,

document, so you don't get taken to court about what happened, been there and seen it happen and know the feeling that something more could of been done to save a life if it were in danger but sometimes our hands are tied

just remember what you were taught in class, if it comes down to it document, document,

document, so you don't get taken to court about what happened,

Slight issue here. You can ALWAYS be taken to court, but with the statement of "document, Document, DOCUMENT" always being in effect, said documentation [s:4f8f42bda2]will[/s:4f8f42bda2] should protect you.

... any loving parent would want laws in place to ensure that their children were taken care of should anything happen to them.

No. A large factor missing here is the community. Were America more like it was where people had relationships with each other, and neighbors knew and cared for each other the state would have ever so much less to do internally, and could concentrate a whole darn lot more on what it ought to be doing for our borders and protection. Laws generally complicate things.

The state has a responsibility to ensure the safety and welfare of children despite idiocy on the parents' part. When concerns arise over the condition, treatment, or care of a child, the state has a responsibility to investigate.involved, the child was returned immediately to the family.

NOOOOO. The state does NOT have that responsibility. The state is NOT to be the "big brother".

A fact that seems to be ignored is that the child was in a legitimate accident. There was no issue of abuse here, the mechanism of injury was clear. (And if the EMTs didn't hear or figure out what it was they were irresponsible...) He fell while "horsing around". This wasn't at all a suspicious injury. So what was there to report except for a refusal to sign by a dad who was mad at people trespassing and ignoring him?

Asys, it seems like most everybody agrees with part of what you're saying. However, I haven't seen coverage on this issue hardly at all!!! I had only seen ONE article until coming here and following more of the links on it. So this really wasn't deemed newsworthy either, apparently. The media can't put these stories out... they're part of the police-state conspiracy. :? :lol: Also, this family could hardly be called middle class. They were living in a trailer with 6 kids... I can't help the fact that the media is biased, that's not something I can change. (Although

is a story about a black lady whose kids were taken, an excellent example of protective services gone way amuck.)

A fact that seems to be ignored is that the child was in a legitimate accident. There was no issue of abuse here, the mechanism of injury was clear. (And if the EMTs didn't hear or figure out what it was they were irresponsible...) He fell while "horsing around". This wasn't at all a suspicious injury. So what was there to report except for a refusal to sign by a dad who was mad at people trespassing and ignoring him?

Right, and the woman I picked up last night "accidentally "walked into the door again. Don't always take peoples word at face value.

I fail to see why a responsible individual wouldn't even allow an assessment. Wait, he was a "Army medic" 30 years ago so I guess he would know better. Never mind.

<snip>

NOOOOO. The state does NOT have that responsibility. The state is NOT to be the "big brother".

abuse is more than the actual act of causing harm - Neglect is abuse and failure to seek appropriate medical help in a timely manner is Neglect in every state, territory or country with child protection laws

perhaps you ought to remember the first rule of being a student , two ears and one mouth ...

needless to say those who have posted aobut what constitutes Abuse and neglect and how it impacts on this scenario are doing so from a possition of far more education and experience in emergency care .

I fail to see why a responsible individual wouldn't even allow an assessment. Wait, he was a "Army medic" 30 years ago so I guess he would know better. Never mind.

Probably better educated than most first responders. I would feel different had someone seen the parent hit the boy up side the head with a 2x4 but this was a child playing that got a minor injury( after being kidnapped Doc basically gives aspirin and sends home ). There is no excuse to attack a familys home because you feel one treatment is better than another. Had they been called to that home for confirmed abuse in the past maybe then. But this was a first responder that got his feelings hurt when told to get the hell out after he broke into a house uninvited.

Probably better educated than most first responders.
Agreed. Without actually seeing the injury of course, we are all just speculating. All I'm saying is, If someone wanted to evaluate one of my children after they had an injury, I think I'd let them. No harm, no foul.

Yeah, Freddie the First responder went a little overboard (sarcasm intended) getting SWAT involved :roll:.

As someone who has some firsthand knowledge of the case, I have to point out that it had nothing to do with "hurt feelings" on the part of the EMS crew.

The crew didn't "break in" but were led in through an open door by family members.

The EMS crew followed refusal protocol, and contacted med command. It was the actions of the father that raised concerns, which resulted in Social Services being called.

Also, the EMS crew did not request a SWAT team. It was the local Sheriff who authorized the SWAT team, after Social Services workers, and his deputies (serving a court order) were threatened.

Don't believe everything you read in the press.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.