Only a Southerner Knows (for LoneStar and Scparamedic98)

unknown

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Jess you may have been misplaced currently but I understand- Your just home sick for our great home state of Tennessee! Just thought I would help you feel more at home.....

You know, Jess, it's funny that you would have to mention grits....I just finished breakfast which was eggs, sausage and grits (made nice and tight, served with butter and brown sugar!)

I absolutely REFUSE to eat grits that I need a straw with!

You know you can eat just about anything with grits, I for one eat them with butter, salt and pepper, mix in some scrambled eggs, some sausage and biscuits on the side, you have a meal. Some people eat them with cheese, some sugar or brown sugar, ketchup (catsup for y'all yankees), brown gravy, sausage gravy. You name it, you can have it with grits and it taste good.

As for the other grits, well I married one of them.

Another thing too, you have to know the difference between down the road and up the road and which one is farther away. Jus' down the road a little piece is closer than up the road a ways.

I moved back to So.IL from LA a little more than two years ago. My wife wanted to be back closer to her family. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

My folks are still in LA so I do get some of the going's on down there.

Take it from me. I've lived from LA to No.MI and the south is where I'd like to be. :usa2:

Picked up a fine member of society on the weekend who was involved in a " altercation " and had a obvious lower leg deformity.

He said " Hey Man, don't cut my britches, I ain't got no drawers on ". I just chuckled to myself and carried on. I could hear my partner laughing up front. :)

Yes Jess you may have been misplaced currently but I understand- Your just home sick for our great home state of Tennessee! Just thought I would help you feel more at home.....

W00t you succeeded at makin me feel more at home :D Its not where I really grew up but close enough, spent most of my time growin up in Arkansas, which I do believe should be a different country :D spent my teenage years in Tennessee though. So i feel pretty attached to southern life. I miss it. Currently living in Illinois, you wave at someone here and they look at you funny like "Why the heck are you waving at me for weirdo!" You go anywhere south of the Mason Dixon and wave at someone, hell they'll come up and take ya out to lunch! I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could. I like down-home country people. It will actually be nice to die from something that a lot of folks around here are not familiar with, KINDNESS! :D:D :twisted:

I am told, during the Second World War, members of the US Military from south of the Mason/Dixon Line, who were stationed in England, were horrified to be called "Yankees" by the Brits!

While I have no idea what is meant by being called a "cracker", I do have the awareness to know the person calling me that, intends it as an insult.

On the subject of "Sweet Milk", I wish someone had told me about that difference, before I visited the Norfolk Navy Base, Norfolk, Virginia, back in 1965, when I was 11. Leave it at me NOT being a buttermilk fan! (Hey, more buttermilk for those who like it, right?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.