ABC News says we are ambulance drivers.

jobberman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how this part of the thread got started, but Para comes from the Greek/Latin prefix para- ("beside"), Medic : Doctor, so in the construction of the greek/ latin language ParaMedic loosely translates to “like a doctor”, or the hands of the doctor.

-w

The way I see it, to the older generation of laypeople EMTs and Paramedics are simply "ambulance drivers".

We have the same problem here - all levels of EMS clinicians are called "Ambulance Officers" as a collective but the title will vary. Most people below the Paramedic (EMT-I) level are simply called "ambulance officer" while Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics (EMT-Ps) are called by thire auctual title.

ABC news is hardly more than an infomercial for the Democrat party anyway, therefore their opinion and horse dung are of equal value to me.

It was a Republican that decided NYC EMS should be under the fire department.

I don't trust their opinions any more than the Democrats.

Would I be correct, Dust, that you have no love of politicians, no matter what party?

Correct, Rudy Giulianni put EMS into the FDNY, to "keep FDNY jobs". Read that as no excising personnel.

He also made the NYPD, the Housing Authority Police Department, and the Transit Authority Police Departments into one big happy family. Now, instead of 3 somewhat unmanageable agencies that somehow work, into one somewhat unmanageable large agency that somehow works.

Now, instead of 3 somewhat unmanageable agencies that somehow work, into one somewhat unmanageable large agency that somehow works.

Oh please tell me you're kidding...

We are the only city in the country that turned down ICS/NIMS a well developed constantly refined 40 y/o system, for CIMS, specifically because Fire and PD can't work together...

Hey were only the 3rd densest city in the world with a crumbling 100+ y/o infrastructure and we've only been a successful terror target 5 times, maybe they give up and go home, and everything else will hold together…

We don’t need no stinking NIMS, we have our own ill-conceived, untried system…

-w

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.