Stork Pins

firedoc5

Pink or Blue stork pin? How many?

I have just one blue stork pin. It was early in the morning on a Labor Day. But I had to hurry because I was teeing off in a golf tournament later that morning. People asked me where she had it. I just told them on the couch at home. Everyone was like "Eww, bet they had to get a new couch". I said, "Nope, it just matched the rest of the furniture."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 years working, numerous OB-Labor and OB-Complication calls, numerous close call OB-Out (delivering or delivered) responses, but only 2 that I delivered.

I have 2 pink storks for display on my uniform, now if I could wear them without violating the rules...

I too have had many close calls. Some too close for comfort. Like the 20yr.old that was having her 5th kid and was slobbering drunk. Guess after she was in labor for about four hours before calling us that drinking would ease the pain, I don't know. But she wanted to go to her doc's hosp. 45 miles away. I told her no way and that if she even sneezed she was going to have that kid. Got her to the local hosp. and she delivered in less than three minutes of getting off the elevator. That was one I definately didn't want to deliver.

This will certainly be going a smidge off topic, but honestly how did you handle yourself with a pregnant drunk woman? Whatever medical people say about drinking and pregnancy i'm a zero tolerance kinda gal, and am opinionated about it. I'm not sure I would've dealt with her appropriately.

Well that is ONE club I dont want a PIN for I DONT DO OB.......seen enough of that in Nursing school.......

This will certainly be going a smidge off topic, but honestly how did you handle yourself with a pregnant drunk woman? Whatever medical people say about drinking and pregnancy i'm a zero tolerance kinda gal, and am opinionated about it. I'm not sure I would've dealt with her appropriately.

I'm agree with the zero tolerance. But it's the crack babies and others that have really gotten to me.

There is always going to be the allegedly true story of a woman who, after giving birth in the elevator on the way up to the delivery ward, was crying her eyes out, due to her embarrassment. The OB Nurse told her, "It's OK, it's not like that poor woman who gave birth a year ago in the hospital's front courtyard."

The woman started crying harder at hearing this. The OB Nurse asked, "Why, what is the matter?"

The woman answered, "That was me, too!"

There is always going to be the allegedly true story of a woman who, after giving birth in the elevator on the way up to the delivery ward, was crying her eyes out, due to her embarrassment. The OB Nurse told her, "It's OK, it's not like that poor woman who gave birth a year ago in the hospital's front courtyard."

The woman started crying harder at hearing this. The OB Nurse asked, "Why, what is the matter?"

The woman answered, "That was me, too!"

I hadn't heard that one.

A local story here that I'm not sure about is a young girl was in the ER and was about to deliver. Evidently she, nor her family knew she was pregnant. She kept yelling to her father that she had never "done it". Even after she started crowning she kept insisting that she wasn't pregnant and that she had never had sex.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.