eric and amber

Eric

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go Eric!

And don't worry about getting married...

I hate it when people tell the younger folks "just remember, marriage is a lot of work!"

Ah, bull. Marriage should be funny, nasty, silly, erotic, confusing, hilarious, sexy....and every now and then....it's a little work.

If you find yourself spending more time working on your marriage than you're spending naked...You're doing it wrong!

Good luck buddy...It'll be a hell of a ride!!

Dwayne (22 years married...yep, to the same person, and all in a row)

Good answer. He is right. If you disagree make up with passion.

I love being married.... did it 3 times

Umm No comment.. I think this speaks vollums for it's self.

Kudo's to all of you that successfully have made it all these years.....

I didn't spend 15 years with the same person unless I had the same intent all ya'll had. Unfortunately it just didn't work out that way.........life isn't peaches and cream for every one!

You know what I think helps...though I'm not sure.

When Barbara and I were first dating, she was a happy, vibrant, smart, funny person. This is the person I married.

We decided then that it wasn't our job to make each other happy. It was our 'joy' to make each other happy, but when it became a job, to recognize something was broken, to either fix it, or it seemed all would be better served if we went out separate ways.

Basically “If it doesn't work for you, I expect you to leave.”

I helps me remember that she is not my property. I have to be the kind of person she'd pick TODAY. Because she's still smart, funny, sexy, and vibrant. She has options...I'd better make sure I'm smarter, funnier and kinder than the next guy if I don't want her to exercise those options!

It's been my experience (Mom= 3 marriages, Dad= 4 marriages, Sister = 3-4 marriages (can't remember for sure) that after the honeymoon people start to believe they can “be themselves” and no longer have to be bothered being the person they were while dating. Hogwash.

Anyway, I think my point is this: Young people seem to believe that a wedding ring is like a leash. You “have her now!” so she has to put up with your nonsense, laziness, rudeness...etc.

Work today to be the person she'd pick TODAY, because that's where YOU find your greatest joy...and the rest is a cake walk...Because you know what? You DID NOT become "one" when you married. You started out as two very much whole and exciting people that decided to share your lives together. You were born and individual, she fell in love with an individual, you CHOSE to become a couple. Don't get all hinky after you get married.

For the record...the above is my working theory...though I don't believe I'm nearly smart enough to have earned the amazing relationship I enjoy today...I'm just doing my best not to waste it. For some reason Barb seems to have made a terrible mistake in judgment regarding husband picking...I'm just going to enjoy it for all it's worth before she comes to her senses!!!

I'm not trying to pretend to be smarter than others. It's just that you will have truckloads of people telling you how hard, stupid, pointless, frustrating, and impossible marriage is. I simply wanted you to have another perspective.

Good luck to you!

Dwayne

Congrats on your engagement, Eric! All the best to both of you!

I have no advice to give, I am 35 years old, and never been married. Guess not too many men out there like big girls anymore..... :lol: .....I feel as if I'm over the hill now anyway: too old to marry, too old to start a family, and am basically looking forward to spending the rest of my life by myself.

Which, might not necessarily be a bad thing, all depends on which side of the fence you're on! LOL! You always want what you haven't got, right?

Those who are single want to be married, and those who are married sometimes wish they could be single again.

So, you're truly one of the lucky ones in my opinion, Eric!

Those who are single want to be married, and those who are married sometimes wish they could be single again

Is not marriage an open question, when it is alleged, from the beginning of the world, that such as are in the institution wish to get out, and such as are out wish to get in? And the reply of Socrates, to him who asked whether he should choose a wife, still remains reasonable, that "whether he should choose one or not, he would repent it."

~ Emerson (1850)

Congrats on your engagement, Eric! All the best to both of you!

I have no advice to give, I am 35 years old, and never been married. Guess not too many men out there like big girls anymore..... :lol: .....

You would be shocked.. My husband likes big girls, and infact, Im a little nervous since I lost weight.. Here I am feeling better than ever, and getting more looks than I ever did, and hes cranking his neck at the bigger girls :? ...

Hey Lisa, send him (or others like him!) up my way! LOL! I live in Glace Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada!!!!

I've been looking for years, and I haven't been able to find a man who's gainfully employed who wants to settle down and marry me! Everyone says I'd make a great wife someday! I'm an awesome cook, according to my co-workers. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, isn't it????