Best Combination Of Textbooks?

AnthonyM83

I imagine few students have experience with more than one textbook for each category (general paramedicine, pharmacology, A&P, pathophysiology, EKGs, Field Guides), so looking opinions from the instructors (or those who have been through different programs).

What combination of books do you think provide a good overall education for a paramedic student? Are your decisions based on any pre-reqs for the courses (ex: If A&P is a pre-req, you might not need a dedicated A&P book, etc).

Lately, it seems that none of the books or combos of books I pick up seem consistent and comprehensive enough. Even, if I decided to just take a class in each main topic, there's not a general paramedic book that relates all that info back to paramedicine (assessments, treatment decisions, etc).

In my paramedic class we are required Brady Paramedic book, pharm book, EKG book, 12 lead EKG book, and others. I have found it beneficial to have the AAOS and Mosby paramedic books also. I also have several additional EKG books. I also have all the alphabet books. I have several nursing and even medical school books. I have spent a small fortune. Of course I live a long way from a library with any medical books so I have had to go out and get my own.