Question for the Ladies (Pants ?)

Kmanigrasso

Hello Ladies,

I'm an EMT-B student and wanted to get your input. I am looking for EMT pants and am wondering about the ones that have the built in knee pads. Also, right now I really need a pretty large size and wondered if any of you have had that issue and would know of a good website where I can find plus size pants. Thanks for your help!!!

my best suggestion is to go to an army/navy surplus store, or equivalent. and try on the different styles of medic pants to find the one that fits right. i've found these stores to have the largest size selection and best prices. i like gettin the pants with the reinforced knees when they have them. the only way to figure out which ones are best for you are to try them on, go with the ones that fit best and see how you like them. for instance, i wear medic pants but my old partner always wore dickies instead. it's all personal preference and what you're allowed to wear according to whoever you work for. good luck!

From the words Of a friend- She was plus sized and she said she always just went with the men's pants. The reinforced knee is good and the waist is larger and more comfortable on the mens pants. She suggested Gall's, we get the magizines how ever I am sure you can look them up on line........

my best suggestion is to go to an army/navy surplus store, or equivalent. and try on the different styles of medic pants to find the one that fits right. i've found these stores to have the largest size selection and best prices. i like gettin the pants with the reinforced knees when they have them. the only way to figure out which ones are best for you are to try them on, go with the ones that fit best and see how you like them. for instance, i wear medic pants but my old partner always wore dickies instead. it's all personal preference and what you're allowed to wear according to whoever you work for. good luck!

Thank you both for your suggestions!

I've always worn the men's. Much more comfortable and a lot better selection available. Army navy is a good idea, also a public service uniform supply type store in your area... don't buy anything you haven't tried on first unless you have a 100% return guarantee on it. :lol:

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 6 months later...

Hey,

As far as pants go, I wear guy pants because I don't like the way women's pants fit. I tired Galls and Chief Supply's womens pants and both seemed rather thin and they weren't durable at all!! However switching to men's pants I've noticed a better fit and durability seems better. As far as the knee pads go, unless you are on your knees a LOT, I find them to be a nuisance. I used to use knee pads but after a month and only really being down on my knee three or four times, I found them a pain.

If you really want a durable womens pair of pants, North Eastern Uniforms has never failed. I bought a pair from NE and they lasted a long time however I didn't like the fit; which is personal thing. You might want to give these a try anyway, here is a link

http://www.neuniforms.com/newindex.php

Hope this helps!!

-BareFootedKiwi

Holy thread resurrection, but way to find what's already been posted! That's a good suggestion.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.