New Contest - running until Jan 31

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no none of the judges have been tasked with this in real life.

Actually, I have. Twice. However, the last ambulance I spec'd and purchased cost one-third of what this budget allows. Yeah... it's been awhile. :lol:

WOW great ideal ruff......I love it.........and no i havent ever purchased an ambulance.

I hope I can learn something from this as well.

ITK

So as long as I have prices for various options I can have this custom made? It does not have to be done using only the options from one particular company?

In other words I like this option from wheeled coach, this from frazer, this from an israeli amb, this from what ever, Can I combine those features as a spec from my imaginary amb mfg.? Or do i have to use only options from one brand?

just like the supplies in the back of the unit are from many different companies, so can the ambulance itself.

customize away just make sure that it actually runs

Ruff,

What a great idea. I'm smack dab in the middle of spec'ing ambulances for 2 employers with about 1/2 of the budget provided. You may have covered this, but are drawings required for the unit or only documented specs? Do you need a list of our resources. For instance, if we buy all of our supplies from XWY Medical Supplies, do we need to list that. I could say that I bought LP12 w/ capnography, 12-lead, b/p and a potato peeler for $4000 when we all know that it would cost much more. I think that we need to list our resources. Much like a bibliography for a book report. Just a thought.

Being a private operator for almost 30 years, I handled mutiple county EMS 911 contracts, plus the VA Hospital, and other major contracts in Metro Houston area.

Being private we fought for our dollars. I would spec out two(2) type Sprinter 2 ambulances for that money, ALS with the new Power Stretchers. You got a six wheel ride, and extra headroom, for less money. This would be "HIGH COTTON IN TEXAS" for private EMS.

My opinion,

Louis Bernhardt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.