acls pre-test

For those of you who recently took acls within your paramedic cirriculum, what did you get on the pretest? Our course is coming to a close, pretty much just acls, pals, and finals and I only got a 77 on the acls pretest. I am wondering how other people did on theirs, given the same circumstances (1st time taking acls and only previous training being within your paramedic class).

on the ACLS test I happened to get a 85% on it. I passed my practical portion with flying colors as well.. I only have the rest of my clinicals to do and get PALS in.. other than that I'm done I have already taken my final, and passed it with a 98%

If your final is anything like mine was you will find yourself wondering if they switched the one intended for lay persons with the one intended for health care professionals. My pretest and final were worlds apart in terms of content.

BUT

Study like the final will be twice as hard as the pretest was. Study like a 100 is the minimum passing grade. Study like you would if you wanted to be an ACLS instructor someday. Study like your life (or someone else's) depends on it.

-Trevor

I can't speak for every system but I took both an ACLS and PALS class 2 years ago to obtain CEU's for my NREMT recert. I am only EMTB so this was new and very difficult informaiton for me to gleen but i read the books - and I passed the test.

Turns out the Pre-test they gave was the Final test- so if you studied and passed the pre-test you made it through the rest easily. We also reviewed the test question for question so If you missed on the pre-test you had the chance to get the correct answer and understand why you missed.

So I learned the to pay VERY close attention to the pre work your given before classes! :lol:

** for the record I am NOT ACLS nor am I PALS certified**** I simply have a certificate indicating I sat in class and passed a test for 16 CEU's each!!

• 5 weeks later...
For those of you who recently took acls within your paramedic cirriculum, what did you get on the pretest? Our course is coming to a close, pretty much just acls, pals, and finals and I only got a 77 on the acls pretest. I am wondering how other people did on theirs, given the same circumstances (1st time taking acls and only previous training being within your paramedic class).
[/font:e5451d0b31]

Don't be so down on yourself in all the years I have done ACLS there has never ever been a score underneath where it says Paramedic (believe me I looked) ACLS is one of the biggest things out there for you to learn so just take a step back and breathe don't rush and believe in yourself it has gotten you this far, Right? A 77 isn't bad on paper but I bet you kicked but in the hands on , HUH!!!! You do great working just believe in yourself!!!

If your ACLS class is like mine, you won't learn anything about the ACLS materials during the class, so make sure you know it going in.

The ACLS class is all about CPR and team concepts. Having said that, I believe, though I don't remember exactly, out of 4-5 nurses and 7-8 medics (students), only 3 of us passed first time through...Though it didn't matter much. After 2 or 3 hours to study, they gave the same test again...with much better results.

ACLS is all about algorithms. I didn't remember until the night before that we had the ACLS class the next day. I spent about 6 hours on book and passed the test with an 80 something...

Know the algorythms and how to do CPR and the class is a breeze...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.