Ethical scenario

mobey

Don't really see a choice here. The guy has a pulse. It would be different if he was still in PEA. Technically he is no longer dead and therefore should be cared for. The outcome is going to suck, but what can you do.

Don't really see a choice here. The guy has a pulse. It would be different if he was still in PEA. Technically he is no longer dead and therefore should be cared for. The outcome is going to suck, but what can you do.

+1. There really isn't a question here. This is what has to be done for this patient.

Shane

NREMT-P

What if the family did not want any further treatment provided?

Well, I'm not sure what the laws in Canada are, but in the United States, unless they can provide a valid, signed prehospital Do Not Rescusitate order, the point is moot.

As a question of ethics, as a member of a democratic society I am bound by the ethics and rules of society which dictate that I follow the law even if I don't agree with it.

Well, I'm not sure what the laws in Canada are, but in the United States, unless they can provide a valid, signed prehospital Do Not Rescusitate order, the point is moot.

As a question of ethics, as a member of a democratic society I am bound by the ethics and rules of society which dictate that I follow the law even if I don't agree with it.

Are you a politician? That is a text book politician answer. It was correct but I was visualizing a politician. No offense meant. I agree, no DNR break some ribs.

show me a valid DNR or NO-code signed in the hosp and I won't work him. If you dont' show me that then the guys gonna get it all.

Show me a valid DNR or a in hospital No-code and if you don't, he gets worked.

What is the question here? Dont' we all know that if the patient does not have a dnr then they get worked.

Or did I miss something.