please help the new girl

bethea

As far as DFO, if you work in a system that has any urban area, you will hear that term. If you find a person on the ground, either semi-responsive, unresponsive, or dead, the bystander will state, "I don't know what happened, he just done fell out". The bystander is usually the patient's best friend for many years, but only knows the nick name, and the patient's favorite brand of smokes and booze.

I used DFO the other day, and the 2 Medics looked at me like I just admitted I was a Liberal :lol:

I suppose it is a North Eastern term, since I am in Fla..... for now :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used DFO the other day, and the 2 Medics looked at me like I just admitted I was a Liberal :lol:

I suppose it is a North Eastern term, since I am in Fla..... for now :lol:

Try the scrote one.

They've never heard that one here either. I had to tell them it referred to a bum. Here, an officer called one 'residentially challenged'. I liked that one.

Normally I wouldn't jump in on something like this but here goes .... My former partner and I used this to let each other know when we had a ...um ... mentally unstable patient.

CASHR pronounced "casher"

Crazy as S**t House Rat

Merry Christmas to all!

Steve

I have been in EMS for a number of years to be exact over 17 I am a paramedic. I have seen many abreviations used not sure about DFO maybe dead fella outside. The abreviations I love are LOLFGB (little old lady fall down and go boom) or DSB (drug seeking behaviorist) although colorful and provide great laughs over a favorite beverage not a good thing to place in a run report. Consult a merc medical dictonary or even brady or mosby to provide you with a beter list of abreviations

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.