Attacked?

Megan780

(Paramedics/EMTs only) Have you been attacked?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes.
    • No.

Enough is enough! It is time to train and arm paramedics. Societal decay and liberal politics have conditioned losers to have no respect for Law Enforcement, EMS and Fire. Cities overrun with gangs, nasty assed housing projects, drugs, prostitution, and organized crime. It’s insane to enter these types of environments without defensive weapons. I prefer to be armed with a conventional handgun, but at a very minimum we should be allowed to carry police issue tazers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on the definition of assault.

I can say I have probably been assaulted 100 times. Most due to true medical reasons, opposed to violent psych crack head customers. Luckily, I have either had good partners, or law enforcement on the scene. I have never been injured in an assault.

Following the broad definition, I was assaulted the other week. A drunk who is blind tried to swing at me, then spit. Luckily, I moved from where he last heard me, and when he swung he lost his balance, and almost fell. He started hocking up a loogie. When he spit, it got stuck in his beard. Luckily, the cop and I were on the same page, we took him to the ground. No harm, no loogie.

The cop and I dragged him to the cruiser, and I sent my partner for a mask.

On the upside, my partner was a noobie, and made me laugh. We were on scene about 3 minutes before the patient was cuffed, and the cruiser was leaving for jail. He asked me how he was going to write a PCR assessment when he didn't get any patient info.

The cop and I dragged him to the cruiser, and I sent my partner for a mask.

On the upside, my partner was a noobie, and made me laugh. We were on scene about 3 minutes before the patient was cuffed, and the cruiser was leaving for jail. He asked me how he was going to write a PCR assessment when he didn't get any patient info.

That is the time to teach a new partner about when a patient leaves the scene via other means than your ambulance. A unit activity log entry, perhaps, but no Pre-Hospital Care Report, at least in my jurisdiction, is required.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.