1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • As long as it's covered

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three. Only one is visible with short sleeve shirts on. Never had an issue. Nobody really questions it. Quite frankly I don't think people care now-a-days. They're very common, very 'out there'.

I may get one more done within the next five years or so, no plans yet, but an option if I feel like it.

Now a swastika (for those grey's anatomy watchers) tattoo would be crossing the line. Or anything derogatory, but if they're harmless then so be it.

I guess you wanted to see them too. I'll try to get some pics up once I get home.

One on the forearm-The old band around tribal design, yes as you may have guessed I got it in highschool.

My whole abdomen is done. Navel to zyfoid. I'll have to post a picture to describe it, pretty detailed.

Also one on my right delt. Just a basic cultural related tattoo with meaning behind it.

I have one, on right ankle... something that has meaning to me.. It isn't visible when I am at work.

A lot of my friends have tattoos... they are something very personal, and not meant for everyone.

I do feel that it is professional to have them covered while at work. There are still those who find them less than professional, and in respect, I can honor their opinions and keep mine covered. I do intend to get another one, but it will also be in a location where it will only be visible when I am off duty...

This topic was brought up about a month ago, spawned mass debate, and revealed a lot of strong feelings about tattoos and their visibility in the medical profession.

See this thread...

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9934

I'm not going to lecture about the search function, but be prepared as I believe that lecture is imminent.