Eating Habits???

Scaramedic - ew.

Medic_girl - sometimes stress or psychological issues can just...take away a person's hunger drive. Anything solid just doesn't look good, or they don't feel the need to eat. No real reason behind their thinking, if you ask them why they aren't eating the response will be along the lines of "I'm just not hungry," or "well, I eat light these days."

I deal with that, and so go for the maintenance diet drinks; keep some in the fridge at home at all times, toss a couple in the fridge at work, keep a 6-pack in the car. Key is to find a good flavor. 350 calories/shake (the Ensure Plus ones, at least), plus a light meal each day (by light, I mean a small salad/small french fries/double cheeseburger from McDonalds light), gives me the calories that I need. Just a suggestion.

Ask the police.. I don't write their operate procedures..

This has nothing to do with the police. And the police don't write your operationg procedures either. You're the one who says the patient is usually treated by EMS. You are EMS. So how are you treating them?

This has nothing to do with the police. And the police don't write your operationg procedures either. You're the one who says the patient is usually treated by EMS. You are EMS. So how are you treating them?

Apparently our Patient Care Reporting software is different than yours.

TX = Transport. TX'd = Transported.

I use it for transport, never been questioned or rejected by the software. Usually write out treatment..

My treatment would prolly entail talking to them, we're going for a nice ride in the country, no judgement, wanna talk, weather, sports, let them help you, be open, vitals, etc.. I suppose if they were severely ill b/c of what they had done, ALS would be thrown into the mix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.