Eating Habits???

In what context? Are we talking about someone who is a patient in a long-term care facility that has stopped eating? Or a co-worker/family member/friend that has stopped eating?

Yes it is a bad thing. Perhaps not immediately, but after a while malnourishment can have damaging effects on your body, one of them is known very well as death.

Is this a fast? Like in the religious type of fast? Hunger strike? Are they being stubborn and not eating? Or do they suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia?

If it's the latter I would advise them that this type of behavior can lead to serious health effects. You would be wise to lead them to someone who can get them psychological help.

But I'd like to hear more on the situation as well...

AAhhh I posted not to long ago on wether or not you can force help on someone.... If they are not eating there is a reason why.

Look for what is the cause and help them realize they need help if it is a detrimental thing. LOTS of things can cause not eating and the end result is not at all good......... Unles it is a spiritual reason..... then please respect that and don't question them..... if it truely is a spiritual reason you will not have to worry nor will you notice any changes. If they are not eating for other reason you will see it in their physical appearance........

It is a friend. No they are not doing it for any spiritual reason. They have been going through a lot of stuff and just stopped eating. The longest they have gone without eating that I know of is three days. No they do not have a history of a eating disorder.

Sounds like depression. I would advise counseling but also just be there for the friend and try to make many of the visits over a meal. Depression can take away the will to do things for yourself (like prepare food). I hope that your friend gets help, depression is real and can be treated.

I would remind them that problems are best dealt with when you are in the best condition you can be. Being malnourished is only going to exacerbate things.

What's a 302 warrant?

Oh, oops. Well, here, it's what they use to involuntarily commit someone for a 72 hour psychological evaluation. A judge signs it just like any warrant, the police deliver it, and the person is usually tx'd by EMS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.