Thankful for????

We had a post about what we hated about our job and it was a depressing thread so let's liven it up a little.

What are you thankful for in your job? In your life?

It can be anything that you are thankful for.

I'll start

I'm thankful that I have a job that I really like and it allows me to travel to various parts of the country. I am thankful that my wife and son can come with me anytime I want them to, to visit me and the city I'm currently in.

I'm also thankful for my wife and son.

I'm thankful for a career that I enjoy. Yes I gripe alot, really just blowing off steam.

I am thankful to be a part of hopefully helping make positive changes that will help make EMS a true profession that will attract quality people.

I am also thankful that that I am able to get people to start thinking out of their box no matter how uncomfortable it makes them.

I am thankful for the ability to interact with a wide variety of people. I'm thankful for the things my patients, and clients, teach me every time that I am around them.

I'm thankful for everything that I am able to do for my patients, even if it is only a simple word or gesture.

I'm thankful for a loving significant other who takes care of me and does everything he possibly can to make me happy.

I am thankful for so much, that if I were to continue, this post would never end.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

What am I thankful for?

Gravity, can you imagine what life would be like without it. We would be floating everywhere, crashing into each other, it wo...oh wait. Thankful for at work. :?

The diversity, both in the patients you meet and the various conditions/traumas we come across.

I'm also thankful for Scarman's avatar. It rocks.

but seriously - I'm thankful for so much that it would take up an entire encyclopaedia to post it.

I am thankful for my family, for my God.

I am thankful that I have the good health to be able to lend aid to those who need my assistance and help. I am thankful that hopefully, I can make their life (pain at the time) better.

I am thankful for hydraulic cots, that save my back, daily.

I am thankful for my Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.

I am thankful for the 3 beautiful children he blessed me with.

I am thankful for the Job I have, the small rural town I live in, and the fact that I am able to make the most of both.

I am thankful for a healthy body, good eyesight and good ears!!

I am thankful I can get up each day and care for myself and my family, with out any assistance from any one!

I am thankful for the 2 acer yard my children have to roam and play in.

I am thankful that as a mother of 3 I can work 3 12 hour days a week and still be mommy.

I am thankful that the Insurance is better than decent and that the pay is more than fair for the area I live in.

I am thankful for the HEMS flight crews that get up every day and devote themselves to saving lives in Rural America and i am thankful I can be apart of it!

Folks I could go on for days!! But I will spare you for now.......

I'm thankful first and foremost for my family, who have supported me in every decision I've made (good or bad) They've let me make my own mistakes, and in this way I've learned so much.

I'm thankful for my beautiful fiancee who supports me in everything I do, even though she called me crazy for going back to school for another 2 years after finishing a BA :lol:

I am thankful to be allowed the privilege to work with some of the most dedicated individuals I have ever met

I am thankful to have 2 jobs that help me pay my bills :lol:

I am thankful for my teachers, not just the ones that stand at the head of the classroom, but those who have taught me things outside the classroom.

I am thankful for my patients, from whom I learn so much everyday, about medicine and about myself.

I am thankful for education, and for learning, without it we would be nothing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.