Why don't you put ice on a snake bite?

atomic626

Amputation is for wusses. Dr. Chuck Norris would do it Mobey's way with no PPE or anesthesia.

You've gotta be kidding me! NO snake in it's right snake mind would ever DARE to think about biting Chuck Norris!

Biting Chuck Norris is a quick way to end up on the extinct list! Remember, there was no 'evolution', just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck Norris finds the snake and makes it suck its own venom out.

Chuck would just grab the nearest creature and make it suck the venom out....but I'm thinking that the snake would be toothless for even trying to bite Chuck Norris.

Snakes fear the mongoose.

The mongoose fears Chuck Norris.

Everything that has even an ounce of common sense should fear Chuck Norris!

Also with snake bites keep in mind that many are "dry" bites. The snake doesn't envenomate with it's bite. So lacerations and sucking are really not needed. Unless of course your into that kind of thing. Swelling, redness pain and other symptoms are signs of envenomation.

Ironically we have no snakebite protocols, probably because on the west side of the Cascades we have no venomous snakes. Yet we do have a zoo and at least one major herpetologist with a butt load of venomous snakes that I know of. Probably a lot more nobody knows about.

Oh and just for the record I HATE F*ing SNAKES!!!!

Just where do you live, that you say there are no venomous snakes in your neck of the woods (outside of the zoo and 'private collections')?

I'm thinking you might want to reconsider that statement after doing some research.

No Lone trust me, Washington, Oregon have no venomous snakes West of the Cascades. Never have, never will.

Here's a quote from Washington Fish & Wildlife...

The Western rattlesnake (Croatus viridis, Fig. 4) is common in much of eastern Washington. It is distinguished by its broad, triangular head that is much wider than its neck, the diamond-shaped pattern along the middle of its back, and the rattles on the tip of its tail. Overall color patterns differ with habitat, ranging from olive to brown to gray. Black and white crossbars may occur on the tail. Western rattlesnakes measure 18 inches to 4 feet at maturity. Although many people talk of seeing “timber rattlers,” “diamondbacks,” and “sidewinders,” none of these occur in Washington.

and a snazzy little map.

rattlesnake-distribution-map.gif

Something to do with too much rain and not enough heat in summer they have never thrived West of the Cascades.

That, and west of the Cascades is fairly urban. I've a funny feeling that the minute somebody saw a snake near the Bellevue Mall that there would be a mass exodus. (...Snakes on a Ferry? :angel4: )

Now, granted, that doesn't mean that there can't be any poisonous snakes west of the Cascades, since there is a big chunk of the Olympic peninsula that is a forest, but it is a rainforest. Not the most hospitable of places for Western Rattler to live.

Back on target

There is no way to guage how someone will be affected by snake bites. Even Chuck.

Each person will react differently. A small amount of venom for one person may make them deathly ill while the same amount of venom in a completely different person will make them only mildly ill.

I for one don't want to take the chance on my bieng the one who get's deathly ill.

Plus remember, the snake controls the amount of venom goin in so one snake may be really pissed at you and give you the world record dose while another same snake my give you nothing.

So hospitalization, observation and treat the symptoms and give antivenin and that's the treatment of choice.

I would say that the more pain you have at initial bite, will give you a pretty good indication of how bad the bites effects are gonna be.

Doesn't anyone watch Venom ER?

Just where do you live, that you say there are no venomous snakes in your neck of the woods (outside of the zoo and 'private collections')?

I'm thinking you might want to reconsider that statement after doing some research.

Maine and Alaska have no venomous snakes in the wild...

We carried them in boy scouts! :)
That's what I was going to say. Only the leaders were allowed to use them, though. I would imagine the bite kit is better than no kit if it's a confirmed witnessed poisonous snake bite?

Though, I personally, just suck the poison out and swallow it. Builds character. Then I bite the snake back.

(Yes, I know that wouldn't work.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.