Teenage EMTs - YouTube Video

AnthonyM83

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.I think this video has been posted on here before and discussed in the same depth as now.

2.No matter what anyone says, it will prove futile. Everyone has different views and experience that will influence their input.

3.Youth in EMS has been beaten to death many times before.

4.Really, will anything constructive or anything worth while come out of this if we keep debating a never ending issue?

Reminds me of that song… “This is the song that never ends”

Gladly,

I'll come down there to explain that to do a (what on many many many levels) appears to be an EMT-B's job, but requires 2 years full time post secondary education and one that (I'll provincially generalize) is a 10% chance to get into school.

Most schools also have a fairly high attrition rate.

Then I'll tell them that provided they make it thorugh 2 years they have a low (again, provincially generalizing 33%) chance to get a job.

But once you get a job (which requires a 6 hour exam that upwards of 50% fail) and get accepted into a service (which requires more testing that you have too pass).

Don't worry you'll be making $27/hour easy.

When are you planning on coming down here again?

Well upon my BS call statement, Upon arrival I was very professional and treated it as an emergency....... I considered this BS because of all that I'm sorry everyone i should have posted in more detail.

Kyle, you are student still learning about EMS. Lose the term "BS". It should not be in your vocabulary while you are learning patient care. It also makes your posts read like a burnt out and frustrated EMT we see way too often in the field and lessens the professionalism you may be wanting to present.

How old was "the old lady"? I'm asking this just as a reference for what young people consider "old". I promise I won't lecture you on the etiquette of age.

This is what destroys EMS as a profession, shit like this. This is why you see people that think they can do EMS, and be a medical "professional".
Like one of the YouTube users who commented on the video page about being scared if he could handle the job, but if high schoolers can do it, then he must be able to, also. Maybe EMT and Paramedic should be considered different professions. Paramedic school takes time, money, effort, education. EMT could be done by freshmen in high school. They're not bringing down the profession...if they can maintain that EMT program for so many years without it tumbling down on them, then maybe the (EMT) profession was never that high to being with.

Then again maybe these are just extraordinarily dedicated kids. I'm sure there's a lot of jobs they could do if they had the same motivation and were guided through it in a similar fashion.

Upon arrival I was very professional and treated it as an emergency. I obtained vitals checked the spot where it stung her went through my SAMPLE history and then found that all that was left was that the stinger was still in there. The lady promptly removed I applied neospuren and a band-aid. She was happy refused transport and I left. I considered this BS because of all that I'm sorry everyone i should have posted in more detail.
So, what was it that made it BS, again?

If a guy calls 911 for chest pain, but it turns out not to be a heart attack, is it also a BS call?

There are BS calls, but even now that you had the chance to explain yourself, I still can't find the BS'ness of the call anywhere.

I feel very sorry for the areas where the country where the only two options in a teens life are doing EMS or doing drugs. Such a tragedy. :roll:
There are many areas like that. Sometimes it's drugs or police explorer program. Drugs or fire explorer. Drugs or Boy Scout troop.

Then again maybe these are just extraordinarily dedicated kids. I'm sure there's a lot of jobs they could do if they had the same motivation and were guided through it in a similar fashion.

Extraordinarily dedicated? Oh come on, Anthony, do I really have to draw a picture for you? Okay, fine, here it is...

darienloser.jpg

And just for good measure, this is funny too.

duh.jpg

And yes, I realize the irony of a senior paramedic making snide, immature pictures on Photoshop while having a discussion about maturity and professionalism. There, I beat you to it.

I would severely doubt your “senior paramedicness” with stupid immature jokes like that. How do you know these kids aren’t on EMTcity? What if I get a picture of you and slap a loser sign across you forehead because you were immature enough to do it to that kid. My god....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.