Teenage EMTs - YouTube Video

AnthonyM83

I remember a day swhere a department toned out 3 times for an EMT... no response, toned out for a mutual aid ambulance from another town, then tonned 2 more towns before an ambulance actually made it out. 3 towns and no one would take it. Thats rediculous, and in my humble opinion embarassing. What can be done to prevent this?

Before I answer, are you seriously saying that you are absolutely incapable of figuring out the answer yourself? Because really, dude, it is very, very simple.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I answer, are you seriously saying that you are absolutely incapable of figuring out the answer yourself? Because really, dude, it is very, very simple.

Man, you beat me to it. No one under 18 should be responsible for peoples lives. Especially those that are critically ill.

I completely agree...no one under the age of 21 should be able to, as PRIMARY care, be in charge of a person's well being. Now...I would encourage those in the ages for an explorer program to do that, if it's something they think they might be interested in doing as a career.

I completely agree...no one under the age of 21 should be able to, as PRIMARY care, be in charge of a person's well being. Now...I would encourage those in the ages for an explorer program to do that, if it's something they think they might be interested in doing as a career.

I would 110% agree with the explorer/student program. That is how I started.

No Im not saying that this should be the actual answer by any means. I agree with junior and explorer programs... but this "kid" staffed ambulance thing I really dont. I was just commenting that there are times where not only do I see a town go multiple tones for a crew... but more than one or two towns also not answer for mutual aid.

Sorry for the confusion, its meant to be seperate from from my feelings of the OP. Just a simillar subject.

I was just commenting that there are times where not only do I see a town go multiple tones for a crew... but more than one or two towns also not answer for mutual aid.

Again, can you honestly not see why that is happening, and how to fix it? Seriously?

If you have a water pipe break at your house, and you need a plumber fast, how do you get him to respond?

I dunno. Everytime I think I may be attracted to someone in EMS, I realise it's time to take a hiatus and go remember what real women look like.

Oh, right Dust, I throw a 17 year old Michelle Trachtenberg look alike at you who thinks there is nothing cooler in the world than a Lifepak 12 and you'll go "Oh, Ick, get me a real woman." Please. You'll be practicing intubation techniques until you run out of Surgiliube with her and you know it, just like the rest of us.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.