Teenage EMTs - YouTube Video

AnthonyM83

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I used spellcheck I might have missed a few things.

Spellcheck checks spelling. It's not a grammar check. Do a little proofreading before posting. If you struggle to read your own post, you might want to retype it to make it easier for everyone else. I know this has been brought up to you in the past, as I'm one of the people who raised the point. You had a good couple of posts after that. But it seems we've slipped right back to where we started. And there were certainly plenty of errors in one of your posts that spellcheck would have caught had it been used. Please represent us as a professional, educated group.

Surely I miss understand. There can not be any idiots out there planning on using kids to fill shortages. Up your pay grade, that will attract people to work. Crap surly I miss read that some idiot plans on this route for coverage. Please someone tell me I have misread that someone would be idiotic enough to start a program for kids to staff their ambulances. I am in complete shock. Does no one care about this profession?

You didn't misread. Someone actually thinks this is a good idea to get more people in their service riding. I guess when it's not someone's profession that they depend on to provide for their families, it's easier for them to look at the easy answer instead of the right one.

Shane

NREMT-P

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spellcheck checks spelling. It's not a grammar check. Do a little proofreading before posting. If you struggle to read your own post, you might want to retype it to make it easier for everyone else. I know this has been brought up to you in the past, as I'm one of the people who raised the point. You had a good couple of posts after that. But it seems we've slipped right back to where we started. And there were certainly plenty of errors in one of your posts that spellcheck would have caught had it been used. Please represent us as a professional, educated group.

You didn't misread. Someone actually thinks this is a good idea to get more people in their service riding. I guess when it's not someone's profession that they depend on to provide for their families, it's easier for them to look at the easy answer instead of the right one.

Shane

NREMT-P

First medic_girl_chas deserves a little extra slack, trust me she's going through a lot. Just give her a little time she'll get it right again.

Second you've got to be kidding me that anyone would be so stupid as to think it is a good idea to use kids to fill spots. I'm all for some kind of ride along where they are third team member. But your right people do not care about our profession.

I am going through here late, and you keep making stupid comments. I know there will be more after this, but damn, do you even think before opening your mouth?

EMS is a PROFESSION. Not a hobby, not an activity.

We keep allowing CHILDREN to do this JOB, how are we expected to progress?

What you have on PAPER, and I have in REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE just doesn't match up.

Well, I'm guessing that since it was late, that you probably didn't read my other posts before posting this. Because if you would have, you would have seen that I clarified the fact that I was wrong. I am aware that EMS is a profession, and if you would read my other posts, you would realize that I also stated that. Every bash that you just made against me in that statement, if you go back and read what all I have posted I have defended or clarified them all. As for "What I have on paper and you have in real life experience not matching up." I'm not really sure what you are saying with that, but I'm guessing that you mean by me saying that 16 year olds are just as capable, that you've had 16 year olds on your rigs as an EMT. And once again if you go back and read my post you'll see that I was a 16 y/o EMT. But if you read further than that you will also see that I eventually acknowledged the fact that it was not necessarily right. But for now, I'm getting off my soap box, feel free to tell me where I went wrong, I'd love to defend it even more, or maybe even see what you're saying, and acknowledge if I'm wrong or not. (I may be bullheaded, but I'll admit when I'm wrong.) Have an outstanding day.

Well, I'm guessing that since it was late, that you probably didn't read my other posts before posting this. Because if you would have, you would have seen that I clarified the fact that I was wrong. I am aware that EMS is a profession, and if you would read my other posts, you would realize that I also stated that. Every bash that you just made against me in that statement, if you go back and read what all I have posted I have defended or clarified them all. As for "What I have on paper and you have in real life experience not matching up." I'm not really sure what you are saying with that, but I'm guessing that you mean by me saying that 16 year olds are just as capable, that you've had 16 year olds on your rigs as an EMT. And once again if you go back and read my post you'll see that I was a 16 y/o EMT. But if you read further than that you will also see that I eventually acknowledged the fact that it was not necessarily right. But for now, I'm getting off my soap box, feel free to tell me where I went wrong, I'd love to defend it even more, or maybe even see what you're saying, and acknowledge if I'm wrong or not. (I may be bullheaded, but I'll admit when I'm wrong.) Have an outstanding day.

Wow how did I miss the attack on one of our young people that actually asks and listens to advice.

Very professional response dtrickcompletebs. Perhaps myself and others here can learn how to better respond to attacks. Thank you young lady.

You know what they say about blanket statements.

They're all wrong.

LOL! Plus 5 for strategic use of irony. :lol:

So anyhow, this entire line of discussion is completely irrelevant. Sixteen or sixty, it simply does not matter. NOBODY with nothing more than EMT-B training is qualified to be a caregiver on an emergency ambulance. Equivocating how useless they are based on age is pointless.

I attended my EMT class and state tested at 17. The state of NC held my certification until I was 18. The date on my first EMT-B certification is my 18th birthday, so I guess I woke up that morning as an adult and an EMT. I rank my EMS milestones by age...

Age 18: Ran my first code. Started my first IV.

Age 19: Delivered my first baby. Pulled my first bad trauma out of an upside down SUV.

Age 20: Did my first intubation. First death notification.

I essentially grew up in EMS, but I know that everyone is different. Some can handle it and some can't. I have been able to do it so far, but that is not to say that I won't be in a psych ward at age 30.

Some can handle it and some can't. I have been able to do it so far, but that is not to say that I won't be in a psych ward at age 30.
Heh.

Within the joke, though, there's the point to consider that few will ever end up in a psych ward or even know their stress personality type is being developed from working the job while their personalities are still forming...HS years...

Hard to attribute life/personality problems with specific things in your past sometimes, but it does seem like there's an awful lot of family/marriage/alcohol abuse problems with public safety workers...hard to say how much is cause and how much is effect and account for ages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.