EMS Cadets/Explorers?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to no how you ever got past the third grade. :?

I'm a very good cheater. :twisted:

im sorry JPINV we are in the processing of going from a venturing crew to an explorer post and i reallly dont know what phase of the change we are at right now so i didnt know what to call it.

• 3 years later...

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Here's a little background on me. I'm a 14 year old EMS Cadet at my local station. I just started about 3 months ago and have already been on ride alongs. I guess I'm posting because I want to know a little more about the different types of EMS cadets and how they do different things at different stations etc. I would just like you to post general information on your program and a little background on it as well. I'm sorry if this sounds like a lot.

Thanks.

This is my first forum post, if thats what you mean. I am a 15 (almost 16) year old EMS Explorer with my local base. I have been involved for approximately one calendar year and I am the president of my post. I am a registered EMS apprentice with the state. Members of our post can sign up for ride time (which is limited availibility so as not to interfere with school) and participate in the calls at the discretion of the crew. We hold meetings once a week. These are both training type and business type meetings. We also have guest speakers like doctors, dispatchers, RNs, etc. who basically tell us about their experiences and nature of their positions. The majority of our post has recieved First Responder training and are awaiting the last exam. It's nice to know that there are explorers out there who are interested in the activities of other posts. If there is any other aspect of my post you want to know about drop me some lines smile.gif

Welcome to our world!

I am about 16 years old and am highly involved within our Explorer's post. I am the Vice President of our post and I would rather do nothing else... Anyways I am an EMS student who is licensed with my state and am one test away from being a First Responder. Our post has many guest speakers and we also have other EMTs with us so we can all share our experiences. We also get to go out on many calls and can stay 8 hours at a time in the summer, but is highly restricted in the fall since school is a priority; the rule is if we don't keep our grades up, we are suspended from the post. We have both business and training meetings once a week at night and we also hold and/or sponsor many events that take place within the community.

I think that it is SUPER awesome to know that there are others out there with the same interests! Drop me a few lines if you want to know more or if I can be of any assistance to you ;)

Welcome, younglings! ;-)

I started in Venture Crew 911 in Denver, CO with the Boy Scouts of America at the age of 16. I'm still an adult adviser there, even though I rarely make it down for meetings as I currently live further north in the state.

Best thing you can do: Learn everything you possibly can, and never forget just how much you don't know. Stay safe out there!!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.