EMS Cadets/Explorers?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know everyone its going to love when I say this, I'm a volunteer with our local rural fire bridge as well!!

To tell you the truth I was scared and intimidated by what you guy would say that’s why I haven’t posted it before... I know your going to ripe me to shreds over this.

I joined 4 months ago and so far have been to 4 grass fires, 2 MVCs, House fire and a HazMat.

The fire brigade is much striker than EMS. I mostly just work the pump, I've only twice held the hose lol.

BTW Fire brigade here don’t rescue people from car accidents that’s rescue’s job. We just stand there and make sure the car doesn’t catch on fire while EMS rip them out.

And the HazMat was only a minor fuel spill. I’m defiantly not allowed to go to big calls.

And we always have a crew of 6.

Timmy, I always enjoy reading your posts and wish I didn't have to strain to interpret them.

Thanks mate!

Which part don’t you understand? Sorry I'm properly writing a bit kiddish.

Eh, fire brigade isn't so bad. At least when they screw up, innocent patients usually don't suffer. It takes a lot more brains, maturity, and experience to do an EMS call well than it does a fire call, at the firefighter level. Wet stuff goes on red stuff, break things when told. Emergency medicine is a bit more tricky than that.

Which part don’t you understand? Sorry I'm properly writing a bit kiddish.

Well I know everyone its going to love when I say this, I'm a volunteer with our local rural fire bridge as well!!

To tell you the truth I was scared and intimidated by what you guy would say that’s why I haven’t posted it before... I know your going to ripe me to shreds over this.

I joined 4 months ago and so far have been to 4 grass fires, 2 MVCs, House fire and a HazMat.

The fire brigade is much striker than EMS. I mostly just work the pump, I've only twice held the hose lol.

BTW Fire brigade here don’t rescue people from car accidents that’s rescue’s job. We just stand there and make sure the car doesn’t catch on fire while EMS rip them out.

And the HazMat was only a minor fuel spill. I’m defiantly not allowed to go to big calls.

And we always have a crew of 6.

Timmy, it's not that I couldn't eventually make my way through it, but each spot I marked I had to read at least twice to understand. I guessed that by defiantly you (probably) meant definitely, though in context defiantly makes perfect sense. You guy could have meant one of us, which at least in the States would be an intelligible but fairly harsh way to address someone, but since you had just written everyone, I took it that you meant guys. And what was it I or we would say is why you haven't posted it before? Punctuation would let me distinguish your thoughts on the first reading; there are also innumerable possibilities for what a hose lol might have meant. By striker I guessed you meant stricter rather than an assessment of comparative of labor protests. Properly I hoped was meant to be probably, though it might have been regional slang unknown to me. And kiddish I suppose means age-specific, though it could also be local dialect for something I don't know.

One or two of these are bearable, but so many become painful and invite the reader to skip the post. With spell check so handy and no deadline to prevent you from proofreading, there's hardly a need for a bright guy like yourself to get in the way of being understood or appear to be contemptuous of his audience. As to why as a younger person you might feel singled out for all this scrutiny while older writers seem to get a free pass? That's only because people who read your posts are doing so chiefly to learn about you, whereas people who read veterans' posts do so chiefly to read about medicine, so frankly it's more worth their while to overlook occasional typos. And when they're uncertain, they will ask the author in order to learn, whereas with posts like yours they will shrug, maybe feel a little sorry for you, and move on. Which is kind of a pity.

Timmy, it's not that I couldn't eventually make my way through it, but each spot I marked I had to read at least twice to understand. I guessed that by defiantly you (probably) meant definitely, though in context defiantly makes perfect sense. You guy could have meant one of us, which at least in the States would be an intelligible but fairly harsh way to address someone, but since you had just written everyone, I took it that you meant guys. And what was it I or we would say is why you haven't posted it before? Punctuation would let me distinguish your thoughts on the first reading; there are also innumerable possibilities for what a hose lol might have meant. By striker I guessed you meant stricter rather than an assessment of comparative of labor protests. Properly I hoped was meant to be probably, though it might have been regional slang unknown to me. And kiddish I suppose means age-specific, though it could also be local dialect for something I don't know.

One or two of these are bearable, but so many become painful and invite the reader to skip the post. With spell check so handy and no deadline to prevent you from proofreading, there's hardly a need for a bright guy like yourself to get in the way of being understood or appear to be contemptuous of his audience. As to why as a younger person you might feel singled out for all this scrutiny while older writers seem to get a free pass? That's only because people who read your posts are doing so chiefly to learn about you, whereas people who read veterans' posts do so chiefly to read about medicine, so frankly it's more worth their while to overlook occasional typos. And when they're uncertain, they will ask the author in order to learn, whereas with posts like yours they will shrug, maybe feel a little sorry for you, and move on. Which is kind of a pity.

WOW! I had no idea it was like that... Sorry guys... I'll defiantly take your advice Michael. Thanks Mate!

This should be a sticky post!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.