Nighshift and girlfriends...

Capman... here's the world's smallest violin playing just for you... :)

Ahhh....

Sweet music to my ears...

Though, wrong emoticon; and it just ruins the moment!

Next time use this one please :arrow: :)

Scaramedic...

That's just wrong!!! :) Yet, I can't stop laughing. :)

But scaramedic is right. I got married and came to relish the time I had apart. It seemed that we spent so much time together prior to getting married that the days apart were golden.

For some it might not take more than a couple of weeks of marriage though.

How do your significant others adjust to your schedules? I feel like I'm never around for my girlfriend aside from a few days, and it just kills me. She knew what my schedule was like getting into this (the relationship) , but I know it has to be difficult. I know it would probably be awhile until I could secure a day-shift position, but I'm not entirely sure I would want to.

Input?

Here's where someone could make the suggestion that "separation makes the heart grow fond" or however the line goes. Crap. That'll work until you find a sock that doesn't match any of yours.

Third shift is great for the reasons you stated and a lot of others. The problem is significant others, wives, kids, family, etc. Second shift is worse. Either they'll adjust in a year or so, or they never will. The catch is when a wife, husband, whatever, complains a lot and then suddenly stops. Then it's time to come home early. I almost typed "preferably armed" but that isn't smart. There's better ways.

But good luck! :)

I worked nights, the boyfriend works days. He's sleeping when i'm working, and vice versa. It's honestly not that hard on a relationship, not mine anyhow. I would make him stay up late, and he's make me stay up...well late for me in the mornings to spend time together. I go to a friends house or do quiet activities in the middle of my nights off, and he'd go do something out of the house on his days off. He huffed and puffed about it ONE time and that's all it took for him to understand that I hate the morning, I HATE waking up in the morning, and i'm a vampire.....

• Like 1

Well since I dont have a significant other scheduling isnt a problem. But I worked night shift for years and it was great. But it is like everything else in life if you want it to work you make it work if not pack your toys in and go home.

GLOW in the dark sis......umm that is funny

MARTY I have a feeling UTAH is gonna get mighty crowded :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Terr

• 1 year later...

Well, in case anyone sees this and is still wanting input...

I work 3rd shift. My husband works a 7am-4:15pm desk job. I also get thrown into a few 2nd shifts. I can tell you that we both FAR prefer the days I'm working 3rd shift, as it means that I sleep while he's at work and then get to be home and awake with him in the evenings before I go off to my next shift. When I wok 2nd shift, I'm gone before he gets home and don't get home until he's ready to go to sleep.

You can definitely make it work! It just takes some actual thought.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.