Nighshift and girlfriends...

• 1 month later...

Try being an over-the-road truck driver, gone for 21 days, home for 3-4. Or try being in the Military stationed overseas. We got it easy, quit your bitching. And Paramedics and Firefighters do not get divorced because of their job, they get divorced because they have sex with other people (usually at their job).

• Like 1

Here is my advise and laugh if you want. Put your self in her shoes and think of what you would want done in a romantice sense for you and do it for her. For example I will send a naughty text to him if I have been working lots or just because. He dosnt like flowers but I do make sure when i cook its all about what he wants.

But remember you are working and she should understand the long days and nights and also be doing extra things for you, its a partnership.

Running around the house naked is always fun on day off.

• Like 1

My friends joke because i'd rather stay up all night, and can't get a tan even from a bottle! I'm glow in the dark!

Can you come be my 'night light'? I don't want to be skeerd of the dark! :devilish:

• Like 1

I work 8p-8a on a short week/long week scheudle of:

Week 1-Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Week 2-Wednesday, Thursday

In addition to that I occasionally work 4-5 shifts at a part time job and 2-3 overtime shifts at my full time job. Besides all the advantages to nightwork vs.day like less traffic, no doctors offices, no school/work, 20 neighbors and bystanders on scene there is alot better about nights. I guess its a decision you and your girlfriend have to decide on. My girlfriend often says she would like days better but I then explain working 8a-8p would me I wouldn't be home til close to 9p and by then its just time to go to bed for the next shift. Working nights often allows chores to be done during the week, now allows me to advance my education with classes and on weekends fun "kid" activies with the family since I don't leave for work until 7p.

Would I be correct, that while almost all services will attempt to accommodate personnel's request for schedules, the service will place any and all members on the schedule as it sees it's own needs first?

Would I be correct, that while almost all services will attempt to accommodate personnel's request for schedules, the service will place any and all members on the schedule as it sees it's own needs first?

TranScare allows you to choose your schedule based on whats available, when you first get hired/ and or upgrade to full time they will say I have units 17J2 on Tuesday 12g2 on Friday etc... and you can choose from them. Further during the first week of the month they post a list of open shifts at every hospital for anyone who might want to change their schedule these changes are honored based on seniority.

In a way it is always based upon what the company needs, But they are pretty flexible about your schedule. When I upgraded to being a full time medic the schedule I wanted was of course what everyone wants, weekends off, good partners, same unit(a lot of people work multiple units at multiple places, I can't stand having to think about my unit designation or where I need to show up to work today) etc... I was lucky enough that I got just that. No weekends, great partners, all the same units.

I guess your statement is pretty fair however at TC if you are offered a shift/schedule you don't want you can always say no, I'll work per-diem until I can get a schedule I want. Per-diem personnel at TC can still work full time hours, as we always have holes to be filled. They just wont have PTO or benefits until they go full time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.