• DRG
    • Littman
    • Sprague
    • Welch Allyn Tycos

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had Littman's for most of my time. I have been considering going to a DRG, I've heard good things about them. Also if BOSE is involved in it you can bet it has good acoustics. I like the idea of disposable diaphragms as well. Right now I am using a Master Classic II stole from my wife. ;)

Hey Dahlio, the steths you mentioned are going for about $25 on E-Bay. Noticed that when I had to look them up, I had never heard of em. So I can't give you an opinion on them.

• 1 month later...

My paramedic friend uses a 600 dollar stethoscope, he said sense hes a paramedic it would only be to his benefit and his pts to get a real nice stethoscope, plus hes a full time Fire fighter Paramedic. :shock: As an EMT-B i use a Littmann Lieghtwieght stethoscope 8)

I've always used a Sprague/Rappaport. Haven't really found anything better.

A trick of the trade I found out is that you can shorten the tubes and it will help hear better, especially in the back of the ambulance. Try it, you'll like it.

Hey Dahlio, the steths you mentioned are going for about $25 on E-Bay. Noticed that when I had to look them up, I had never heard of em. So I can't give you an opinion on them.

Yup, exactly where I got mine. Have been using it for about a month and a half and love it. Good for Lung Sounds. Would recommend it. Website is bigshears.com. Thanks Scaramedic!

I don't know how to break this to you, but I have some really bad news about your friend. :?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.