• DRG
    • Littman
    • Sprague
    • Welch Allyn Tycos

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you must really be afraid that this guy is gonna come after you, if you don't want to post just cause I happen to have the same last name and inintal. Guilty conscience? Well if you are gonna let a little conicidence stop you from hangin out on the board, your loss.

Have a nice day! :)

Adam Rothenberg

FF/Paramedic

Chicagoland, Illinois

I have used a Littman Master Classic (single sided) for the last 9 years. To tell you the truth I wouldn't waste my money on a Cardiology scope, when this one dies I'll have it refurbed or buy the same one again. :)

I have little experience, but when I started my ambulance clinicals and my old 15.00 double luman sounded like someone playing "Wipeout" over my BPs and lung sounds I tried the Master Classic.

It turns out I had never really heard anything before! Amazing difference.

I had a lot of faith in my old scope...because it was green. You know, that's obvious...certainly you could never hear anything worthwhile with a scope with pink lumens..that's just common sense.

But I'm quickly falling in love with black. You know what they say....

Dwayne

But I'm quickly falling in love with black. You know what they say....

No....what do they say? :wink:

I guess if you get used to a high end stethoscope such as the Master Classic, your ears become so atuned to it. I say, if it works for you, keep it.

So you don't like pink lumens, what do you feel about pink shears :D

So you don't like pink lumens, what do you feel about pink shears :lol:

I'm all about the shears with the clear handles.

You can't steal what you can't see! :D

• 3 weeks later...
The single-head design of the Master Cardiology is, in fact, one of the best things about it. Dual head scopes are noisier, and you'll never need that bell, nor do most medics even know why they might need it.

Besides the Cardiology STC, there is really no other stethoscope on the market that I would buy for adult use. Those two scopes are the only ones on the market that don't have serious drawbacks to them.

How would you compare the two? (STC vs. Master) which would you recommend?

While I can't argue against the Master's quality for hearing, say, heart sounds in a quite environment, I've found in the past that some high-end models actually pick up more background-noise than the simple ones. It may just be me, but it seems like while the truck is running I can hear BP better with the simplest scope than with a high-end one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.