How many of you post on the forum from work?

atomic626

I'm constantly on the road at work...(Only base is where we punch in/out and leave/take our trucks - and we aren't allowed to stay there during shift). I have a broadband card for my laptop and I know where a lot of the wireless hotspots are in our 'staging' areas.

I assure you I would never post at work. That would be unethical. That would be like stealing. I am paid to sleep not play on the internet. So I will be back and post when I get off duty, because this is not a real post.

We have two PC's at each single truck station and three at the multiple truck stations. We use emscharts for e-pcr so we need web access, we are also able to surf the web between calls, we have a very large list of forbidden sites that the blocker picks up.

My employer gives us internet access for the posting of electronic run forms and work related research such as monitoring CEH/CEU's and downloading pdf's and other documents from the Maine EMS website. EMTcity.com is not a blocked website. Discussing EMS protocols equipment and other related material on this site (as long as the usage is not extreme and does not interfere with duties) is not really frowned upon. It's one of the Pro's of working at this particular organization. The use of the internet for playing around with "myspace" and websites like that is forbidden and is sure to generate a reprimand when the computer geeks downstairs report back to our director.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.