Are you really part of EMS???

Careful, you're assuming all the transfer ambulance people want to work in 911. Yes, a lot of them got fired from a 911 company or can't get hired, but a lot of them have done the 911 thing already, like the slower pace, need the higher pay, can only work there because of school schedule, or responsible but just not old enough to work for a 911.

Myself I do not degrade anyone for doing a job. Under current abused guidelines this is how many services make money, that is doing non emergency taxi. And I agree some do it for the reason they enjoy a less stressful work environment. But my point is there needs to be a new designation for those that do not do emergency work.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure.

Also, if we could differentiate ourselves from them, I think we would have a better reputation with the public and local businesses and citizens in many areas. In my home area, you're an EMT and walk into Starbucks, you're greeted with all smiles and friendliness...here you're just another customer...they're all used to a dozens of different transfer ambulance companies (there's over 50 in this city) come in with half-tucked uniforms, uniforms consisting of just a t-shirt, looking like they just got home from a bad night at the bars, acting in embarrassing ways.

In a way, it's a weeding out process. The ones who say "hey, I'm more than just an EMS wanker" and set out to prove it to themselves are the ones who are better for the profession anyways, USUALLY.

Sorry Bro, gotta disagree with you on this one. I am not in EMS to prove anything.

I am here to do what I love, and do so professionally, and when it is called for, compassionatly.

A Wacker tries to prove to others what he is or isn't.

A Professional does his his job, does it well, and lets his work stand for itself.

In no way, Shape, or form do I consider non-emergency transport services EMS. These people are what I like to call wanna be's

this post has been edited. Why? I found out what a tool GBFDEMS really is. Isn't that right, "Lieutenant"?

You are a wacker tool.

Ain't myspaces a BITCH?!

they're all used to a dozens of different transfer ambulance companies (there's over 50 in this city) come in with half-tucked uniforms, uniforms consisting of just a t-shirt, looking like they just got home from a bad night at the bars, acting in embarrassing ways.

Yep, and 911 companies never hire people who are slobs.

Sorry Bro, gotta disagree with you on this one. I am not in EMS to prove anything.

I am here to do what I love, and do so professionally, and when it is called for, compassionatly.

A Wacker tries to prove to others what he is or isn't.

A Professional does his his job, does it well, and lets his work stand for itself.

You don't try to prove to yourself that you're the an above average provider? How do you motivate yourself to go higher? I suppose people can have different systems for it...

Yep, and 911 companies never hire people who are slobs.

You will rarely see public behavior like that from the 911 provider in my area. We have lazies and we have slobs, but that's when comparing them within our company. I shouldn't have implied all transfer companies provide a lower professional image...but I've yet to see anyone who doesn't do 911 in this county make an impression on me.

In a way, it's a weeding out process. The ones who say "hey, I'm more than just an EMS wanker" and set out to prove it to themselves are the ones who are better for the profession anyways, USUALLY.

You don't try to prove to yourself that you're the an above average provider? How do you motivate yourself to go higher? I suppose people can have different systems for it...

I came in knowing to NOT be like the toolbags that wore their Squad shirts, BDU pants, and boots to high school

I don't want to prove it to myself by just taking classes and educating myself... I want to catch those little things that are tricky, to make sure my partner, my bus, and myself, although not necessarily in that order, make it home after my tour, and hell, why not even a pt. or two :twisted: 8)

I don't see how furthering my education is proving anything.....its doing right by my pts.