Flight Medics any one.....

Hi just looking for other fellow Flight Medics out there to toss about ideas or share thought or training ideas. Feel free to message me or email. I am a 10yr Medic in the Army. Currently as a Flight Medic with 4 deployments (2 are on the ground with the armored cav.) Even if you are a just a fellow Medic feel free to join in, we are all the same (for the most part) My Certs. are EMT-I, PHTLS, ACLS, PALS, PEPPs, AdvBTLS, CPR, OEMS, TCCC or TC3 or CMAST(what ever you want to call that crap), CATC(weapons course)

CATC? As in combat arms training company? Santa Fe New Mexico perhaps?

I currently work as a flight nurse, soon to be a "regular floor ER nurse"; however, I am more than happy to discuss all things flight or otherwise.

Take care,

chbare.

I am thinking of being one of those myself...... It's about to be re-up time and I have something else in mind if I get the green light. I am not stepping out with of this job with out something else lined out you know. I love my job when I am deployed or doing real world missions, but back state side not doing anything kills me. The local Life Flight folks (nurses) have helped me find classes I need for my guys and they are a big help. Do yall do stuff like that for others as well?

Yes, my employer is involved with outreach education. We teach ACLS, PAlS, AMLS, NRP, LZ courses, and PHTLS. Mainly cookbook courses; however, it helps with services and providers who would not be able to take these courses otherwise. People obtain a little training, and the company does a little PR. Win, Win I guess.

Take care,

chbare.

I currently work as a flight nurse, soon to be a "regular floor ER nurse"...

Uh...CH...something you want to share? Not working out as you thought it might? Hope everything is alright.

I fly, too...well...I fly when we get flights. We're in our slow season. It's alright, though. I tend to be a bit of a $hit magnet. When I fly people tend to be pretty seriously hurt. Or it's an incident earning the attention of the national news. That's *really* annoying.

-be safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.