E-Z IO

My company has recently placed into service the New EZ IO Drill Kit. Are any other services paid, private, or government using this same IO insertion tool or are you using something different.

We were all a little apprehensive at first when this new tool was unveiled for us at a recent training class, but since this new tool has been placed into service we have had excellent results with it.

What are your thoughts on this new and very impressive tool that has been made available to the EMS community and providers?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday....we used the EZ IO on a cardiac arrest pt. When we arrived on scene she was pulseless and ventilations were being assisted by an off duty Paramedic, who was also related to the pt.

The off-duty medic was attempting to establish IV access and was not aware that we had the EZ IO. In a matter of about 1 minute we had the IO established and had the first round of Epi and Atropine on board. Airway was established en route, and when the unit arrived at the hospital (transport time was approximately 20 minutes), the pt, had regained a pulse.

All in all, that call was a good one. I am all for EVERY service nationwide getting the EZ-IO.

The off-duty medic was attempting to establish IV access...

Wonder what their medical control thinks of that? Where I live we can't practice as a medic when we're not off duty. I know in this case it was a family member, but I'm sure this type of things happens more than anyone would admit.

Shane

NREMT-P

Wonder what their medical control thinks of that? Where I live we can't practice as a medic when we're not off duty. I know in this case it was a family member, but I'm sure this type of things happens more than anyone would admit.

Shane

NREMT-P

My medical director allows us to work at our level as long as we are in one of the countys we work in.

Our agency has the EZ-IO on board both our ambulances. We applied for a received a grant for the EZ-IO trainer as well. The company that makes them has a regional sales person and he came to our agency and did a 2 hour in service for us. Its a fantastic tool. We havent had the opportunity to use it yet in the field.

My employer is currently transitioning to the device from the BIG. The training was straight foreword and it looks like a very easy to use device.

We also have the FAST. I have had great experiences with the FAST.

Take care,

chbare.

• 2 months later...

I'm happy to hear this positive feedback on the EZ IO. Our Medical Control physician just approved us to purchase and start using it after the training class. We were torn between the EZ IO and the BIG. It's good to know that this will be an useful tool for us.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.