Scandal- Does this make the organization look bad?

emt12resq

Should this squad or any squad permit leadership to exist that, in any manner; has even the remote appearance of impropriety regarding a child? If she is under the age of eighteen, this guy should be fired, voted out or perhaps stoned to death! He should at minimum be charged.

Not only does it make him look like a parasite and a fraud, it discredits the good work of others in the organization.

Parental permission is legally meaningless. Unless this girl has been emancipated by the court or has given birth to a child, she is still a minor in the eyes of the law. As I understand it, If this guy has been, or is having sex with her, consensual or not, he is guilty of a felony in all 50 states. Mom and dad can't simply giver her a permission slip to sleep with the rescue chief.

I am forever amazed at the level of low-life’s we will tolerate in emergency services. Perhaps we are simply reflective of the communities where we live and their value systems. I suppose we should be thankful this guy didn’t have a fetish for barnyard animals; otherwise he would have needed a permission slip from farmer brown.

Finally, let’s say your squad was called to treat a girl of the same age as this girl for a medical complaint, perhaps a severe UTI. Because she is underage the ER calls the girls parents for permission to provide treatment. The man involved is the same age of your chief, but the parents haven’t given "permission" and this guy is charged. Fast forward to the court proceedings where the slick defense attorney delves into your chief's lifestyle in an effort to illustrate to the jury that his client's actions were the social norm. How will this play out in the media for your agency? God help you if you are donation supported!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old debate of what one does off duty affects their performance or is a representation of their professional decision, image, and how they perform continues.

Sorry, what one does and how they act does portray of their thinking pattern, values. Remember, when one is in a position of the public, they are not just representing themselves but the city, citizens and the image they want to present. That is why many cities have "moral and ethics clauses" in their contract be it paid or volunteer.

As others have described just because a person is a minor, may not constitute anything illegal. I know in my state, the age of 16 is consensual albeit they are still a minor.

I agree, one that is in power and represent the city as an official should be mindful that they will be under more scrutiny.

R/r 911

Parental permission is legally meaningless. Unless this girl has been emancipated by the court or has given birth to a child, she is still a minor in the eyes of the law. As I understand it, If this guy has been, or is having sex with her, consensual or not, he is guilty of a felony in all 50 states. Mom and dad can't simply giver her a permission slip to sleep with the rescue chief.

Actually there are different laws per state and even country. Found with google search. Guy is still scum to date a girl young enough to be his daughter.

[web:61077c508a]http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm[/web:61077c508a]

It seems that we are in some semblance of agreement that it may not be any actual wrongdoing by any member of an agency, but the perception of wrongdoing by the public. If the public thinks something is going on, then something is going on. Presumption of guilt until proven innocent in a court of law. It ain't right, but we all know it happens.

Canada and Mexico should be very proud! How do they define virgin, an ugly third grader?

Nothing and I mean nothing good can come of this looser dating an underage girl. Leadership must establish ethics and demonstrate behavior that exemplifies the values of the organization he represents. This shouldn’t require a note from a girl's parents or infinitesimally specific interpretation of the law. This guy is a looser and a child predator and he is excused. Hey, based on spenac's chart he should consider Canada and Mexico, I understand it to be a "target rich" environment for a fellow like him.

Canada and Mexico should be very proud! How do they define virgin, an ugly third grader?
As a Canadian, I take exception to that remark. My little remark was based on the fact I'm 47 y/o. Dating 24 y/o is fine. I do not condone what goes on in Podunk USA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.