Scandal- Does this make the organization look bad?

emt12resq

Rich', I suppose that there is no ruling out that possibility, but it seems pretty shallow to bust someones b'lls simply because someone he works with has done (at worst) something questionable. One of the problems with this planet is that we live in a paranoid society with too many people poking their noses in other peoples business. There are too many creative and mature ways to handle these people who attempt to associate you with something they believe is wrong. The initial poster should not worry about this.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, that's human nature. You can't stop that. In fact, if you make a public affair of giving this guy hell, the same thing can happen. It can backfire on you and suddenly you're the bad guys for standing in the way of true love. Anything is possible. But it only affects your personal and organisational professionalism if you allow it to. I mean, it's a pretty much universally accepted opinion that New Jersey EMS sucks hard. But that doesn't mean that every provider in NJ sucks, or that I would judge them personally by the state's reputation without a chance to prove themselves. Heck, such an image can even be a positive thing. If you come from an organisation where the image is low, it's easier for you to stand out positively from the crowd. :lol:

I just thank God everyday that She has allowed me to live long enough to date girls half my age, and them still be legal. :D

If that avatar is what I think it is, it is from a photo supplied from Universal Studios, showing Los Angeles County Fire Department "Station 51" from the 1970s TV show, "Emergency!", which was on Saturday nights on NBC-TV. The small rescue truck shown is "Rescue 51", manned by Fire Fighter/Paramedics Johnny Gage (Randolph Mantooth), and Roy DeSoto (sorry, blanking for now on who played the role), in a show from production company "Mark 7", owned by Jack Webb. Webb was also behind "Dragnet", and "Adam 12", also shown on NBC TV. Webb was the actor played Detective Sargent Joe Friday, on Dragnet.

"Emergency!" was the reason for a lot of folks from when I started becoming Fire Fighters, EMTs, and Paramedics, while Adam 12 and Dragnet were the reason many joined their local Law Enforcement Agencies.

For longtimers like me, "Johnny and Roy" are Demigods of the EMS Universe!

Yes, it was Kevin Tighe, played Roy Desoto.

The actual firehouse pictured there is now called, in honor of the late director of "Emergency!", the R. A. Cinader Memorial Firehouse, as told to me by a FF/PM assigned there, who was at one of the FDNY funerals in Brooklyn, NY, following September 11.

The station in the early 70's during the airing of emergency.

zzsta51a.jpg

The station as it is today.

zzx03.jpg

A little bit of trivia I just stumbled upon. I'm so ticked when I don't recognize an actor in a movie and find out about it later.

Kevin Tighe played the bar owner in "Roadhouse".

The tribute to Robert Cinader.

zz04.jpg

I'm just waiting for this show to come to DVD.

They don't treat EMTs like retards.

Then they must be retards. :)

Seriously, dude... how can you have never seen the show? I thought you were joking when you asked about the avatar pic. Don't they teach this stuff in EMT school?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.