Just took the NREMT-P CBT...

So I just got back from the test....I feel I knew almost everything except operations. Made me feel kinda dumb since we all may respond to an MCI in our career. The test stopped at 80 questions and only 35 minutes into the test. Hope for the best because next week I take my skills and get my CBT results. It's going to be so nice at 34 to finally have an education that the outcome is considered a career and not just a job.

well i wish you the best of luck...i recently finished the paramedic test and i thought operations were horrible i dont understand how the grade this thing...what did you think about the test...what were most of your questions do you have any advice to give the guys that are about to take the test...what materials did you study with....wish you the best of luck

Well I gotta tell ya...I got "The Complete Preparation Guide Paramedic Exam" by Learning Express.....I'm going to burn my copy....I never felt so under prepared for a test in my life. There were 4 exams in the book and I took test 3 the day before the test. I got so many wrong I was ready to reschedule my exam. The problem with the study guides that I have seen is no matter how new they are they still have outdated info and it throws your mind for a loop when you get to a question when something is written wrong. Then the next few questions your still p*ssed about it. I did get a Paramedic Review CD for International Flight Nurses that was helpful. It felt the most like the real test without rhythm strips. It had a lot of software errors on it though. I really felt that just re-reading the textbooks and fast skimming all the charts in the book would have been enough. As far as the test itself without giving out any questions. I saw 2 rhythm strips, 1 OB question, about 10 peds, lots and lots of trauma, MCI, and then just a lot of random questions. The first question I felt I got wrong so I was a little concerned but the questions other then a few were nothing that I didn't feel as though I really didn't know or I SHOULD have known if I would have studied a little more. I still don't have results yet but I feel pretty good about the test and what I learned in school. Just wish I had results though.

It's going to be so nice at 34 to finally have an education that the outcome is considered a career and not just a job.

LOL! I notice you said "career" and not "profession." Very observant of you. Hopefully, in a few years, we may eventually be able to call it a profession. But hey, it sounds like it's still a step up for you, so congratulations and welcome to the dark side!

Thanks for the info on your experience with the study guide too. This kind of stuff is extremely helpful to those who will be preparing in the future. Let us know how you did!

And the results are in!!!

Examination Scored

Congratulations on passing the NREMT cognitive examination. Your passing result on the cognitive examination will remain valid for a one year period from the date of the examination, 11/2/2007(provided you meet all current requirements for National EMS Certification.

Please allow 2 weeks for the NREMT to mail out results letters.

Just need to take the practicals on Friday!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.