REMEMBER ME?? I FINALLY DID IT!!!!

I was the same person who failed the NREMT-B exam...TWICE! Well...2 months of studying finally paid off because i PASSED yesterday!!!!! My test stopped on question 70--i was sure i failed but to my surprise i didnt! phew.

But thankyou to everyone in here who helped me and answered all my silly questions and gave me practice test sites!

Im registered in Los Angeles County..and im getting my extended scope of practice certificate in a couple of days. :lol:

But thankyou to everyone in here who helped me and answered all my silly questions...

I don't think I remember any silly question....

Congrats! Now jump into the forums and flex your mental muscles! Let's see what you've learned!

On the expanded scope...I believe that is actually a class that will remove things from your scope of practice. ( A friend of mine took the class, and said that it basically told him things that were not allowed in LA county, but were most elsewhere in CA, sort of a reduced protocol refresher...But perhaps I'm confusing that with something else)

Good for you for sticking in there!

Dwayne

On the expanded scope...I believe that is actually a class that will remove things from your scope of practice. ( A friend of mine took the class, and said that it basically told him things that were not allowed in LA county, but were most elsewhere in CA, sort of a reduced protocol refresher...But perhaps I'm confusing that with something else)
That's exactly what it is. It's a class explaining how LA only lets you do SOME of the things EMTs most everywhere else can do.

The only expanded part about it (if at all) is what kind of patients you're able to transport (mainly for interfacility transport purposes). The high and mighty expanded scope: http://ladhs.org/ems/Manuals/policies/ref800/802-2.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.