NREMT continuing education credits?

I believe the re test option is only for 2008 to give people a chance to take it using the new system.

You should get a form mailed to you November of the previous year before you expire.

So if you expire in March 2008 you get the form Nov. 2007.

Keep track of your credits and any documentation.

Jim

Ive received several mailings from the NREMT and I havent been able to see anything but that they have instituted the test as a way to re-register. It doesnt sound temporary at all to me. Now that doesnt mean that they wont change their mind again in 6 months. My concern is that I havent been able to find a 24-hour refresher which the NREMT requires as part of the re-registry qualifications. If anyone knows where one could be had online from a reliable and accredited source, please PM me.

I havent been able to find a 24-hour refresher which the NREMT requires as part of the re-registry qualifications. If anyone knows where one could be had online from a reliable and accredited source, please PM me.

http://www.techproservices.net/emtb_refresher_info.php

All I know is NR sucks and we as the consumers should demand changes be made or demand that our states switch to another service.

What sucks? What kind of changes? What other service?

All I know is NR sucks and we as the consumers should demand changes be made or demand that our states switch to another service.

How does it suck? You take the test, pass it, take the required continuing education and re-register, pretty damn simple. I've now done this 15 times, never had a problem.

Obviously, you never have to deal with another medical license and medical speciality board certifications. Where it is much easier to have to study and take the whole test over than to attempt to get every category of CEU's, CEU is based upon credits (not length of education) and the categories are so diverse, it nearly makes it impossible to obtain. As well, the costs of the NREMT is a joke in comparison to any other healthcare test and registry. Compare <$100 to those of any other health care profession.

Yes, my RN is simple. Click the mouse to re-license, and make sure my Visa or MasterCard is current and I can immediately print a voucher until my card arrives. Now, with that how well do I know that those other nurses are current in there profession? When was the last time they had any current training or education, especially if they were not employed... You can't. See my concern, being too simple?

So does NREMT have problems, you bet. Yet, in reality, how much simpler can it be?

R/r 911

You may go here to download a re-registration requirements brochure.

http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/rr_basic_history.asp

I don't see where it is required that you take a 24-hr refresher course. I read that you have the option to complete the required credits *OR* take the refresher.

Unless they have changed this and not bothered to update the website, then you have a choice.

How does it suck? You take the test, pass it, take the required continuing education and re-register, pretty damn simple. I've now done this 15 times, never had a problem.R/r 911

Number 1 the test sucks. Way to easy. If thats all that is required to enter our profession wow to EMS. Of course I only took a certificate course so thats probably what messed up the test for me. :roll:

Number 2 you can never get a straight answer if you can get an answer at all. I cannot believe that they cannot afford to have people available to answer questions. You have heck getting a person first of all. If you email like they ask well let me say I have never gotten a reply to any emailed question.

As long as all you do is send them their money for their hard work :D there is no problem. But if you need customer assistance it is non-existent.

Dust asked who else if not NR? I will have to find the link to the testing organization that some states have switched to and get back to you. Also could go back to the state exam system, but it was just as much hassle.

You're barking up the wrong tree. NR doesn't set the standards. They just administrate them. They could make the exam as hard as hell tomorrow, and every state would drop out within a week under pressure from the vollies and the firemonkeys. As soon as the profession elevates its standards, NR will be right there to happily administrate them. But they are not in a position to push those standards. In fact, I would sumbit that their position would make it unethical for them to do so.

You're going to have to find somebody else to push the profession into the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.