NREMT continuing education credits?

I took the NREMT last month- the test stopped at 65 questions....thought I bombed the test, but I passed!! :P

I had a question about the 'continuing education credits' though- I went to the UP-EMS conference, got credits, but can't find any information on where to submit them. I went to the NREMT site, as well as the UP-EMS site, but there isn't anything I can find.

Thanks!

If I am understanding you correctly, you will keep track of your continuing education credits and then submit them when you re-certify.

In the future, the NREMT claims that will have a system in place where you can input your con-ed into their database using your account to make re-certification quicker.

If I am understanding you correctly, you will keep track of your continuing education credits and then submit them when you re-certify.

In the future, the NREMT claims that will have a system in place where you can input your con-ed into their database using your account to make re-certification quicker.

Yes it could happen, it could be real, kind of like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are real. :D

It would be nice to see the NR be more user friendly since so many states choose to use them.

ok, if you do it all on line how do they verify that you have taken all the classes. I'm not registry numbered or certed so I don't know how they do things anymore.

Do they still go on the trust system and if a question arises or a desire to audit then you have to show the certs?

The NREMT has instituted a change ( believe as of 2005-6) that you can simply re-take the registry exam rather than meeting each and every CEU requirement.

AHHH!!! THAT SOUNDS SO HORRIBLE!!!!! :shock: I can't imagine taking it again....oh well...Thanks to everyone who responded, I really appreciate it! Hopefully I'll figure out what to do... :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.