• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Room 1:

Come check out the updated chat room.  Any member can use the chat.  Just click the "Chat Room" menu item.

Photo

NREMT-P Oral Stations

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JakeEMTP

JakeEMTP
  • Elite Members
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:hockey, NASCAR, golf
Good

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:03 AM

In approximately 3 months i will have completed my Paramedic program and will be challenging the NR. The majority of the stations I am not overly concerned with as I feel confident in my abilities. However, the oral stations ( keep it clean! :D) are of a bit of concern.

What sort of questions or scenarios do they present or is it a hodge podge, or Cracker Jack box if you will, of anything?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

#2 FireMedic65

FireMedic65
  • Elite Members
  • 2,128 posts
Good

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

I took my NR about a month ago. It's still pretty fresh in my head. The oral stations were not that bad. Don't over think things, and especially don't get into too much detail of treatment. They look for general stabaliztion of the patient, and imediate care. Heck, I didn't even give dosages on meds, I just said I would get a specific one. Although I can't really discuss what exactly the stations were, since they are pretty anal about that... and who knows who is on this forum that might be an evaluator.... Just stay calm, think about what you are doing, expecially giving a med you would normally give, but can't due to contra indications, or patients age or weight... good luck!

#3 JakeEMTP

JakeEMTP
  • Elite Members
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:hockey, NASCAR, golf
Good

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info. I assumed it to be along those lines. We have to do oral stations for our Medical Director also before we can function in the county. Repetition is the best teacher I guess 8).

#4 FireMedic65

FireMedic65
  • Elite Members
  • 2,128 posts
Good

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

yea it's pretty retarded

#5 Yummymedic05

Yummymedic05
  • Members
  • 161 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

When I took mine they wanted detailed, and you can ask detailed questions also. For example you can ask how many steps went up to the home, down to the basement, etc to determine your plan of action in getting to a patient/getting them out. They wanted everything, meds, doses, procedures. They wanted me to ask all the questions, and give a mock ER radio report. Mine wanted it detailed. I had 2 stations (i think everyone does). And they were both ALS calls (obviosuly) one was a little boy having an asthma attack, and the next was an older man with chest pain, that turned into v-tach with a pulse and had to cardiovert. Just know what you're doing, and I would suggest giving too much info rather than not enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users