Being gay in EMS

I did forget to mention the perk of working with a lesbian.

Since I was on the ocean, we used to stage down by the beach and "ensure everyone was safe" by visual confirmation. Its always nice when your partner points out the hot chicks to ya or you do it for her....lol.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am friends with a few gay and lesbian individuals. I could care less what your orientation is. To me, it's your persona. The only distaste I have, is for people who are way overly flamboyant about their sexuality. I don't mean to sound crass, but I can't stand that. It's like saying "Please look at me!! I'm gay!!" I can't stand that. You don't need to act a certain way just because of your sexuality. That person seems to me, like someone who wants everyone to look at him/her.

This is true. my mother always told me there are two things you never talk to your friends about... religion and politics. but who i fall in love with is neither of those things. no more than who you fall in love with is, however i think we are getting away from the topic. I was wanting to know what people would think if they had to have a GLBT ( gay , lesbian, bi sexual, transgenderd) partner... especially if you have to sleep in the same room with them while on call.

To answer this question, yes, and moreover alot of people probably have and dont know it.

I've worked an over night with a transgenderd partner or close to it(I'm not up to date on political correct terminology,) and I don't know the exact details of the persons sexual orientation and I dont want to, completely irrelevant to the job, and the persons choice had nothing to do with anything.

Others don't share this outlook, and to say the least co-workers always seem to be whispering behind this persons back, including supervisors. Then again supervisors at my job lack ethics in general sleeping with employees bringing it with them to work and other nonsense.

Theres not much to say about it in my opinion unlike AK who wrote a novel

Personally I could care less if a partner is gay strait or otherwise oriented. It's completely irrelevant to the job and doesn't concern me in the slightest. As long as a gay partner isn't chasing after my strait rear end that is. It's kind of flattering but once you tell them your straight they better knock it off.

This is true. my mother always told me there are two things you never talk to your friends about... religion and politics. but who i fall in love with is neither of those things. no more than who you fall in love with is, however i think we are getting away from the topic. I was wanting to know what people would think if they had to have a GLBT ( gay , lesbian, bi sexual, transgenderd) partner... especially if you have to sleep in the same room with them while on call.

I've worked with plenty of lesbians and never had a problem because they were a lesbian [stupidity knows no sexual orientation]. As far as working with a homosexual/transgendered partner? Uhh, I'm sure that the on call room has seperate beds. This kinda of negates it as a problem. Now if the person walked around like "The Tod" of Scrubs fame, then we might have a problem. Banana hammocks are bad regardless of which way you swing.

I love working with gay people, there the bomb!

The guys that I’ve worked with are awesome at their jobs and just awesome people, if I was dying I’d want them looking after me! There so caring, funny and full of life. They always say gay nurses are the best.

I have no problem with gay or lesbian people at all. I’m mates with a gay couple, gays, bi’s but I’m yet to meet a lesbian that I’ve been mates with.

...the receiving end

You guys disappoint me.

I can't believe you're all going to let this perfectly good pun go to waste.

For the most part i think people stopped giving a rats ass about this issue a long time ago and got on with life.

To those who hang onto the issue, straight or gay, need to both grow up. :?

You guys disappoint me.

I can't believe you're all going to let this perfectly good pun go to waste.

Well, I've been trying to work in the fact that a friend of mine from an online game (not Evercrack or WoW for the record) goes out every once in a while to "smoke a fag".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.