ACR (comments) writing

MAGICFITZPATRICK

You're right, I shouldn't have to. However, documenting that someone walked to the truck, for example, would be to admit a violation of company policy- "nobody walks." Of course, management could really care less whether the patient walks or not, they know the kinds of idiots we deal with. They just don't want us documenting it, because that costs them money. So they invent a punishable offense around it for use if somebody really insists on being a problem for them.

If I don't play the game, I run the risk of being fired- and having to find employment at another private company with the same rules. Me personally, I'd rather keep my seniority than bounce from company to company until there aren't any left that I don't have a reputation at.

Although this may make your life more difficult, I'd say screw your employer and write what happened. If you go to court, guess who takes the blame? If you think for one minute that your employer will take the stand and say "we tell them to omit the fact that this person walked", then you are sadly mistaken.

And if they threathen to fire you, call medicare and report them for fruad. If medicare investigates and fines the company, you can get a portion of the proceeds. Granted, this probably makes life worse, but that company can't fire you for it, or risk being sued for wrongful termination, and they can't inform any further employers. It's against the law.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they threathen to fire you, call medicare and report them for fruad. If medicare investigates and fines the company, you can get a portion of the proceeds. Granted, this probably makes life worse, but that company can't fire you for it, or risk being sued for wrongful termination, and they can't inform any further employers. It's against the law.

And then there is the real world.

You WILL get fired. It will be for being five minutes late for work (even though you weren't), or for not pressing your shirt well enough, or for an anonymous complaint from a nursing home employee, or for not cleaning your truck well enough, or for leaving two sheets but only one pillow case for the next crew, or for forgetting to dot an I on a run report. There won't be a thing in writing about it being related to your fraud complaint, but we all know that it really is. And the government won't even attempt to do a thing about it. And you can't afford the attorney to fight it. And would you really fight it even if you could afford the attorney?

Sorry, kids. This is a lose-lose situation. If you honestly believe otherwise, then you don't want to hear what I have to say about Santa Claus.

And then there is the real world.

EXACTLY.

You WILL get fired. It will be for being five minutes late for work (even though you weren't), or for not pressing your shirt well enough, or for an anonymous complaint from a nursing home employee, or for not cleaning your truck well enough, or for leaving two sheets but only one pillow case for the next crew, or for forgetting to dot an I on a run report. There won't be a thing in writing about it being related to your fraud complaint, but we all know that it really is. And the government won't even attempt to do a thing about it. And you can't afford the attorney to fight it. And would you really fight it even if you could afford the attorney?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.