• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

EMS lawsuit..what do you think

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#6 Michael

Michael
  • Elite Members
  • 1,989 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:59 AM

want to cover my ass about things

Precisely the Plaintiff's alleged attitude.

Welcome to emtcity!

#7 paramedicmike

paramedicmike
  • EMT City Sponsor
  • 3,498 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:12 AM

If he has similar conduct issues and seriously did this against the patients will, then he will get whats coming to him.

Did he really have prior conduct issues? It's the plaintiff in this case who's alleging he had prior misconduct issues. That hasn't been confirmed.

If she loses this case I hope the medic sues her for slander.

-be safe

#8 scratrat

scratrat
  • Members
  • 411 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:08 AM

Hmmm, interesting. If he has similar conduct issues and seriously did this against the patients will, then he will get whats coming to him. But on the other hand, how many times have you been on a trauma call that when you start cuting clothes off of people that they object? Depending on mechanism, I'd want to cover my ass about things, and make a full assessment. Maybe they could have gone about it differently.

Me too.
HOWEVER, I would never cut off someones underwear or a womens bra unless it was restricting the airway. Or if I absolutely knew an injury was underneath that I just had to see. Other than that, I would have stopped there. No need to cut off underwear and bras.

Not to mention the fact that he falsified legal documents by not documenting the third morphine dose. That's also a federal offense I would think.

#9 AnthonyM83

AnthonyM83

Perpetual EMS Student

• Elite Members
  • 2,568 posts
Good

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:29 AM

Too bad the risk of these types of complaints exist whether or not the medic in this case did or not didn't do those actions with honest intentions.

I remember I shyed away once from doing a complete secondary on a female patient, my age, super attractive, on her way to go clubbing, so scantily dressed already, and sort of pretentious demeanor. It wasn't a bad accident, but complaint of back pain (only complaint). I just 1) Didn't want to creep her out b/c I'm sure she has enough guys in her daily life being creepy 2) I could see her starting a fuss about it. So, I basically just did an extremeties check and pelvic bone push :-/

#10 whit72

whit72
  • Members
  • 581 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Hmmm.... three doses of morphine for an abrasion to the knee? At the pts request. Interesting.

Best to wait for the whole story. To form an opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users