Morphine Carrying Case Ideas?

Dustdevil

I am looking for ideas on a hard, protective carrying case for Morphine in the Carpuject prefilled syringe vials. Anybody have experience with this? I thought a nice hard eyeglass case might work, but it is just a hair too short to fit them into. But preferably something flat like that, which would fit in a BDU pants pocket or on a belt. I've had the plumbers fix me up a 6.5 inch piece of PVC pipe with end caps that holds it all for now. And that fits nicely into a 3-magazine pouch on my vest. But I am looking for something less bulky that will wear more easily when not wearing body armour (which actually isn't too often these days, lol).

The old 1cc glass ampuoles were much easier to carry. :?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a pelican type case. I use pelican stuff for my laptop and projector. Great product.

I am not sure if it comes with foam to protect, but I am sure you could get it.

I have seen the cheap on e-bay.

It would be good for ya.. if you read the description it says it is "Dust Proof".

[web:473dc64d76]http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1030[/web:473dc64d76]

It would be good for ya.. if you read the description it says it is "Dust Proof".

:evil4:

Actually, that looks perfect! Something I could actually step on or sit me fat arse upon and not break the vials. I like it!

eBay here I come!

Thanks!

Heah Dust,, how goes it in the sand box ?.... hope you are staying safe.....

When I worked in NYC, we used to use the plastic cases from the insta glucose,,, in the front breast pocket,,, that didnt work so well and we then came up with the eye glass case..... it fit well it may have been a little longer than the "normal" eye glass case and we had a nylon pouch custom made that the glass case fit into. The pretty much ended the accidental break in the pocket....

As for combat ops..... try an old plastic tampax tube...its fairly durable, and should be long enough to fit.

Another option is taking a 50 or 100 cc syringe ,,, what ever is long enough ,, and cutting down the plunger or just using a piece of cardboard over the top and throwing out the plunger....get some 4x4 to wedge it in the syringe and a pice of tape with cardboard over the distal end......

Some other stuff that might work is small pelican cases or a kids pencil box.

When i was an FMF Corpsman we used to use small 35mm film containers for stuff like epi ampules.... now ,, if you cut the bottoms off 1 or 2 containers then tape them together end to end with 100 mph tape until they are long enough to fit the tubex,,, then use the cap supplied for the top.... you might have to get different brands of film containers so they will mesh with each other....

I personally like your PVC pipe routine,,, sounds almost bullet proof and VERY sturdy ....

Good luck let me know how it works out..

Stay safe

Former

The other thing you can do is to tell the pharmacy that the pre-filled syringes arent working and they need to buy you the vials or ampules ....

good luck with that one.

Oooh! The kids' pencil box is one I had forgotten! Decades ago we had some of those and they worked well.

I like the Tampax tube idea too! Any ladies here care to give me the dimensions on those things?

The Pelican 1040 is the perfect size to carry all 10 vials in compactly. But it is a bit heavy for pocket carrying. A few Tampax tubes or a small pencil box would probably be better for that.

Ten vials is 6 inches long x 2.75 inches wide x 1 inch tall, in case anybody sees a case that might work and wants to confirm it for me.

Anyhow, I'm doing well here, Lt! The natives are restless, so I'm sleeping with one eye open and very close to my turtle suit, but that's become a routine now. This camp only gets directly attacked every other day or so, so it's not like Dien Bien Phu or anything. :D

You're never too old to come back, Doc! Come see me!

My significant other chimed in and said try a fly box for fly fishing. They are small plastic cases lined with foam (he says his dad can run over it with the car and it doesn't shatter) that come in various sizes. Sounds like you might be able to find one on any sportsman's site... but here's a link for you. The metal ones are the one that my SO is familiar with.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directo...ubcat%5Fid=6030

Like I said... various sizes, all foam lined... and some are metal cases. Good luck, Dust!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.