20cc syringe and an ammonia inhalant

buckeyedoc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this one....That rocks.. :headbang:

It seems to me that we are bound by protocol to prevent any and all abuse to our patients. I think things like a 'titty twister' (that you find so 'cool' )would fall under the 'abuse' category.....

For those of you that might not know what this 'titty twister' is, imagine someone grabbing your nipple, pinching it and violently twisting it. I see no 'justification' possible for this behavior!

It seems to me that we are bound by protocol to prevent any and all abuse to our patients. I think things like a 'titty twister' (that you find so 'cool' )would fall under the 'abuse' category.....

For those of you that might not know what this 'titty twister' is, imagine someone grabbing your nipple, pinching it and violently twisting it. I see no 'justification' possible for this behavior!

You are right and others agreed. This person was not able to get a job anywhere else in our area.

I was thinking that it might be boarder line assault.

In the past I would gently open their eye lid with one hand and gently touch their eye ball with my gloved finger. Figuring that if they could stay still during all that they were either really unconscious or a good enough actor to deserve to be left alone.

Now I don't really try to "prove" anyone is faking. Don't see the point really.

:binky:

OMG :shock:

condone....NO..

Think its funny that someone is actually stupid enough to do that....YES

I was thinking that it might be boarder line assault.

Absolutely. This is more unprofessional, immature, and illegal nonsense that should have died in the 1980s, but is perpetuated by the idiots among us who believe we should always do what we've always done.

Pull any one of these stunts being discussed here on the wrong person -- even some harmless looking drunk girl -- and she seriously hurts you, what are you going to do about it? How are you going to explain why this patient suddently blacked your eye, busted your lip, or screamed bloody murder, alerting your partner and everybody else in earshot? What are you going to write in your report? Do you think that you will keep your job after this happens? Think again.

Good luck finding a medical textbook or paramedic instructor to testify on your behalf that they taught you this was accepted medical practice. You're screwed. As you should be.

DISCLAIMER: The word "you" in the above post does not refer to any particular "you", so don't get all paranoid and whiny about it.

#1- It should be unlawful to use ammonia inhalents......our guys got pissed about 2 years ago when I stopped buying them for our units. They are dangerous and usually inhumane when used.

#2- I'm with AK.....why wake up someone and have to do more for them. ABC's, then monitor for change. Let the ER staff wrestle around with them. :D

#3- Dust is right on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.