To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Welcome to the city. There is a lot of good information and good people here on this site.

I've been watchin and see a lot of new members being shown. Its on the first page of the site and it says Our newest member is Xxmwnnf or whatever

Many of you do not introduce yourself so I'm inviting you to do so.

If you haven't already introduced yourself please do so.

Hi I am a new member, just recently decided to follow my dream and went back to school. I am about to transfer to Southwestern college in San Diego for their EMS program. I am very excited but a little overwelmed. I love this site and I know that i will need all of your guys help.

Hello, my name is Chris I am in EMT class right now at St. Vincents in Indianapolis. I am 28 years old, graduated from West Virginia University in 2005 with a degree in sociology. I always wanted to be involved in medicine and would like to go on and do paramedic class after this, I have heard that you need one year of experience to be accepted into most medic programs, so my plan is to work, hopefully at wishard, for a year and get into medic school as soon as possible. I currently have two jobs bartending, and plan to hold on to at least one of those as I pursue this new profession. I work in a restaurant and a hotel, and for the past 14 years that is all I have done, so I am excited to try something new. I welcome any advice that people have, and I am curious about one thing: how many people subscribe to JEMS?, and how do you like the magazine?, are there any other magazines/websites that focus on EMS that I should check out?

Thank you, look forward to hearing from people and being involved in the website.

Chris

Hi im 2wheelinemt I have been with emt city for awhile but everything is changed and i'm lost. So I thought i'd say hi.

I'v been involved in ems / rescue for 23 years. I love it everything trauma, ems, and and anything to help the public understand to help themselves or help ems / fire when we come knocking or they call 911. I started the vials for life over 10 yrs ago when no one else had anything like it. Since i was an cpr instr i wanted all my neighbors to learn cpr free by me! I'll go to my grave helping my neighbor no matter what it is.

so hi to all and know my love and desire run deep with certain things involving ems /trauma and helping my fellow man! :rolleyes:B)

Edited by 2wheelinemt

Wow thanks Itku2er. Means a lot that you would say such a nice thing about me. :P

Well we all have delusional potiental at times must have been my time ;) man I wish I had a bite me smilie that would go good here!

Hi guys, us trained paramedic , working in Switzerland, trying to show them the way

'

Well just dont get them lost they might not like that! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody I have already posted a few times, but I decided to formally introduce myself. I am a fifteen-year-old first responder/BEC from Northeastern Wyoming. I just completed the course about a week ago and I am really excited to start doing ride-alongs on the ambulance!

Hi everyone. I'm Anthony C. Chua of the Philippines. Want to study EMT-B in the U.S. because we don't have 1 here in our country. What EMT school is the BEST and how much will it cost me for the entire course/certification and how long will it take me to finish?

Thanks everybody, CHEERS!

• 1 month later...
Hi I am a new member, just recently decided to follow my dream and went back to school. I am about to transfer to Southwestern college in San Diego for their EMS program. I am very excited but a little overwelmed. I love this site and I know that i will need all of your guys help.

Hello, I am a new member here. I have been an EMT for five years and a First Lieutenant for 3 years. I am a member of a small volunteer squad in the Northwest corner of Ct. I joined the squad after my brother was murdered in 2004, when the local fire department helped in the search for his body. Which was found 200 yards from my family home. I felt as if there was more I could do to help out our community. So I joined the squad as a driver and in one month I started taking the EMT class. I am a CNA I do private duty taking care of a quadriplegic (4 years). I am very passionate about caring for others. I have been taking pre-nursing classes for 7 years it is slow going but it is never to late to give to others. I sound like I'm going on and on but if you want to know why I'm here, well I'm interested in what other people have to say and what other think about in the EMS world. So Hello to all and I hope I get to know you all as Family.

Hello, I am a new member here. I have been an EMT for five years and a First Lieutenant for 3 years. I am a member of a small volunteer squad in the Northwest corner of Ct. I joined the squad after my brother was murdered in 2004, when the local fire department helped in the search for his body. Which was found 200 yards from my family home. I felt as if there was more I could do to help out our community. So I joined the squad as a driver and in one month I started taking the EMT class. I am a CNA I do private duty taking care of a quadriplegic (4 years). I am very passionate about caring for others. I have been taking pre-nursing classes for 7 years it is slow going but it is never to late to give to others. I sound like I'm going on and on but if you want to know why I'm here, well I'm interested in what other people have to say and what other think about in the EMS world. So Hello to all and I hope I get to know you all as Family.

Welcome to the CITY EMTL hope you can add some good insightful posts here. Sorry to hear about your brother.

• 1 month later...

Hello My name is Kevin McLendon, I finished the EMT-b course in may. I have already went to registry and screwed up on Long Bone (forgot to take the second pulse, motor sensory)and have to retest on that one on the 14th of july. I am looking forward to working in the field.

I live about 40 miles outside of New Orleans, and have been hired already with a local ambulance service pending my retest.

Also I have some really great study guides I made before taking my written test and I passed with 100%. I plan to share them in the download section after going through them and looking for mispellings and mistakes. They are in word format. I hope this helps anyone about to take the writen test. These guides are almost the whole book re-writen but in a realistic study format complete with tables and some pictures. They are very complete and if you study them you are sure to pass the exam.

Hello My name is Kevin McLendon, I finished the EMT-b course in may. I have already went to registry and screwed up on Long Bone (forgot to take the second pulse, motor sensory)and have to retest on that one on the 14th of july. I am looking forward to working in the field.

I live about 40 miles outside of New Orleans, and have been hired already with a local ambulance service pending my retest.

Also I have some really great study guides I made before taking my written test and I passed with 100%. I plan to share them in the download section after going through them and looking for mispellings and mistakes. They are in word format. I hope this helps anyone about to take the writen test. These guides are almost the whole book re-writen but in a realistic study format complete with tables and some pictures. They are very complete and if you study them you are sure to pass the exam.

Welcome Aboard the City Kevin hope you enjoy the wealth of information you are going to find here. :wave::wave:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.