real seizure versus fake seizure

fiznat

A 70 hour work week plus class/clinical rotations will do that to ya, what can I say. Sorry you've missed me. :lol:

Welcome to the club, except add another job to the mix and then mayeb you could be in my position... :roll: 8)

I guess there really isnt any point in continuing to go back and forth about it. I dont think there is much more I can say to support my position, nor you yours. I'm content to let it drop: perhaps we can bash heads on some other topic instead? Might I suggest: http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=72617#72617

Is this your way of saying to everyone;...

Sheesh, you know what guys? I was wrong, and now I see what I missed and thanks for the help and information...ACE844, I guess I can't defend my position, thanks for the help

Out Here,

ACE844

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do all of your allow this arrogant bully to blow hard? (ACE whatever) Obviously, he spends most of his time degrading others and it makes him feel superior to everyone else. If he has this much time to slam others and to beat subjects into the ground, he has the time to take a class on "being a part of the human race" Can you imagine being one of his patients? :twisted: You had better have done your research before you claim to have " heart trouble" What do you mean you have heart trouble?? Explain all of the s/s of "heart trouble" to me and do not forget who you are dealing with :twisted: :twisted:

My name for the purposes of this posting is the above. However, I have tangled with this person on this very forum under the moniker WHELSON P. MONROE and would be happy to tangle again. No small wonder that EMS tends to "eat their young" when you have a person such as "Mr. ACE" degrade them for asking for some antecdotal info from the "people who have been there and done that" ,not a group of internet sites and studies.

Oh wait....I seem to have had a change of heart... I am feeling less and less confident and competent... I AM FEELING SUBSEVENT AND MORE LIEK A IDIET AND I SHORE AM FELING AMAISED AND ASTOWNDED BIE ALL OF HIS SUPIOER NOWLEGDE. i SORY I SED ANETHING AT AL wOW HIS POWRS ARE AWSOME

Much love and respect (for most)

Joshua B. (the poster formally known as Whelson P. Monroe)

Why do all of your allow this arrogant bully to blow hard? (ACE whatever) Obviously, he spends most of his time degrading others and it makes him feel superior to everyone else. If he has this much time to slam others and to beat subjects into the ground, he has the time to take a class on "being a part of the human race" Can you imagine being one of his patients? :twisted: You had better have done your research before you claim to have " heart trouble" What do you mean you have heart trouble?? Explain all of the s/s of "heart trouble" to me and do not forget who you are dealing with :twisted: :twisted:

My name for the purposes of this posting is the above. However, I have tangled with this person on this very forum under the moniker WHELSON P. MONROE and would be happy to tangle again. No small wonder that EMS tends to "eat their young" when you have a person such as "Mr. ACE" degrade them for asking for some antecdotal info from the "people who have been there and done that" ,not a group of internet sites and studies.

Oh wait....I seem to have had a change of heart... I am feeling less and less confident and competent... I AM FEELING SUBSEVENT AND MORE LIEK A IDIET AND I SHORE AM FELING AMAISED AND ASTOWNDED BIE ALL OF HIS SUPIOER NOWLEGDE. i SORY I SED ANETHING AT AL wOW HIS POWRS ARE AWSOME

Kindly read the whole thread, anecdotal advice and information was offered, then we were asked to point out where the care went wrong or what was missed. It went down hill from there. Furthermore, after this individual attacked my 'replies,' he was unable to back up his claims with either evidenced based practice or anything even remotely resembling 'the standard of care'. Fact of the matter is he was unable to refute what I posted PERIOD! Hence the lack of reply from him. Glad to see you have found your way here again,

Welcome back,

ACE844

flaming.gifflaming.gifflaming.gifflaming.gif

Hmmm.....I remember those same feelings regarding ACE, along with a couple others I cant repeat

If you have an opinion state it, you better be prepared to back it up.

Think of him as the resident Q/A office.

You can not question what he brings to these forums. I don't always agree with his tactics or delivery, but you cant deny the importance of the role he plays. He wants you to be prepared not just here but in EMS as a whole. I cant argue with that.

Don't worry the feelings of wanting to snap his head off will subside.........LOL

There is a compliment in there somewhere ACE, You might have to dig a little to get at it, but its there.

I have come to respect him.

I do not believe Ace is a bully. Bullies attack people for no reasons, Ace tends to attack people who err in regards to pt care. To be honest I believe Ace is a good pt advocate. He requires us to think, not just to react. Too many people in EMS cannot think outside of Protocol when they should be thinking medically. Ace and all his studies require us to think in terms much like an MD and not just a reactionary street provider. Education is the most powerful weapon we have on the streets and Ace is always there to pass more ammo. Ace and I have disagreed on occasion but I have always respected his opinion and ability to back it up. By the way if you think Ace is tough you should thank God you did not have the preceptor I had when I was a baby medic.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

P.S. You might ask yourself "Do I really want to start a fight with Ace?" I guarantee your outgunned.

owned_tank.jpg

I believe I have the ammo to return fire. We shall see... I still think his approach is crude and totally unecessary. As for preceptors and instructors, there is a difference between being intimidated and being inspired. It is commonly referred to as respect. You cannot demand or even request respect unless you first are capable of giving the same. Ignorance and stupidity are not the same. That is a lesson that I have learned the very hard way. Let the games begin. I will be posting a transport scenario in that section shortly and look forward to inquiries and critiques related to the care of this patient and not me personally.

Lets be clear about this, ACE and I go back a ways and I know that he has a wealth of knowledge expertise at his disposal, whether it be inherent or obtained, and I have respect for those contributions. However, the "don't blame the messenger"game does not apply in this type of mutual learning environ.

Much love and respect

Josh B (the poster formally known as Whelson P. Monroe)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.