The best service in the country

I went back to work 24 hr shifts in the field. It was much easier to get off for school, etc. than 12 hr shifts as a nurse. Since I only work 10 days a month, I can trade, or take off time. I suggest attempting to take classes twice a week ... albeit all day, one can accumulate many classes and credits that way.

R/r 911

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these type of discussions. Im willing to move damn near anywhere to get a great EMS/FIRE career. Austin still seems like it stands alone. Phoenix sounds great too but it's difficult to rate different style systems against each other. I mean one is ALS fire and one is a seperate EMS service.

:cry: :? :twisted:

I'm not sure if anyone had mentioned this before, but have you considered Raleigh in North Carolina? Wake County is the city that Raleigh is located in and our protocols are very aggressive and progressive. We are currently one of the few places in the nation that are using induced hypothermia on resuscitated cardiac arrest patients. Raleigh has an international airport as well. I'm not sure if you have already been here. It's something to consider.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.