What do you get paid?

N.S. ACP

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a $2,500 bonus for holding the EMT-B certification on top of my annual salary. That and my company pays for the training and refresher training.

I work 7 on and 7 off now so I went to a private ambulance company in the area to see about working part-time. They and made me an offer of a whopping $11.00 an hour. I'm still bored on my time off so I went and checked out a volunteer rescue squad about 30 miles away.

I get $10.50 per hour as a Security Officer/EMT working in private industry.

Up side- It's easy work. Mostly handing out aspirin, Imodium or having employees pee in cups for drug screens. :) An occasional trauma to keep you from getting complacent.

Down side- The stuff in the air at some of the chemical plants or factories where I'm at will eat the paint off your car. I've learned that you either put a car cover over your POV when you get to work or get a new paint job every couple of years. :lol: Also, because it's contract work, there's no guarantee that you will be working that post in 6 month from now.

Well.... I work in NYC for FDNY EMS and I don't know if anyone knows but we have been without a contract for over 40 months, the contract that they havnt made yet is already expired! Im making crap starting salery... $28900 / year. In all fairness between overtime and meal money you could technically make upwards of 45000 without too much of a problem.... but your not going to get much sleep. We need a fair contract.

Geeze man, some of these salaries make me cringe. Granted, my cost of living is like %8000 more than everyone else, but someone's going to pay me $8.50 an hour to do what I so well?

Would you believe in central Illinois, the private ambulance companies pay;

$7.00 - $7.50 Basic

$8.00 - $9.00 Paramedic

$9.00 - $10.00 Crew Chief

Here in North-Central Illinois (Rockford, to be precise) I can't even give my time away! I want to (need to) get some decent street-level experience before going on to Medic school. I can't get on with the volly FD, can't get on anywhere. Can't even get on as a volunteer!

It's aggrivating. There are too many medics, WAY too many Basics, and nobody new can get experience, unless you are willing to join a volly FD as a firefighter.

OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE LUCKY!!!! DO NOT COME TO SOUTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA!!!! I make $11.40 / hr and I'm at one of the highest paid services in my area, LOL

Where are you?

I work for Cetronia near Allentown, $18.50/hr.

When I get my Jersey Medic, $22-23/hr at UMDNJ in Newark.

My wife and myself both work in Sheetmetal Fabrication at the same shop.

Combined, about $78,000 a year. I get $98.00 a month from the county

as a volunteer FF/EMT no matter the # of calls. I love the EMS and am thinking of applying to AMR or RURAL/METRO full time. Have info. packets

from both, but haven't asked what they make. Would this be a mistake on my part? Sounds like not alot of money out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.